Jan 31, 2008

Another reason to hate NYC

I don't want to hear it from you people, but I am not THAT big of a fan of NYC and now I've got one more reason to keep them on my crap list: They stole my hairstylist, Tyler.

Ok, so technically, he left me for them, but still...If they weren't there and all available and appealing and what not, we'd still be together. I know you ladies know how hard it is to find a good stylist; I know you feel my pain.

I met him because after four (F O U R) failed attempts and 6 inches of lost hair to get the haircut I wanted, I needed to fix the mess that was left piled on the top of my head. I went to Tyler on the recommendation that he was talented and wild and yeilded his razor like a weapon. The first stylist I went to months earlier took a look at the photo I gave him, told me he COULD NOT do the cut and sent me out the door, even though I had an appointment. I am not kidding. Tyler nailed the cut in 30 minutes. I loved him immediately.

Tyler was straight, totally hot and a BMX biker - just for fun. He had A LOT of dark curly hair fashioned into a wide sideswept mohawk with large patches of faded blond highlights. He had more earrings than I do and more tattoos than anyone I have ever personally known. He kept hair clips attached to his short sleeves like they were some sort of shirt jewelry that belonged there and always had a bandana around his neck like he was this close to robbing a bank. He said stuff like "Hell Yeah!!" when gloating over his work, which was always stellar, so he deserved to be a little cocky. Let's face it, he was the kind of guy that Chrissie Hynde and Pat Bentar still write songs about.

When I asked him why he was moving to NYC he said "Because things are too perfect here. Perfect job, perfect roommates, perfect girlfriend. I'm too young to have that." *sigh* How young and stupid and adorable is that?? I'll miss him.

I WISH I had thought to take a picture yesterday. But at least I have my fierce new haircut to remember him by. :(

2 comments:

Melissa said...

oh, I feel your pain!!! I loved my hairdresser in Charleston and haven't quite gelled with anyone in Morgantown. I go to someone regularly now, but I don't really trust her to do anything. ~Sigh~ And man, Tyler sounds FREAKIN' HOT!!!!!! Damn.

jonutz gang said...

I often wonder where people get their sylist license. I am going through the same thing. Showed a picture and she cut it nothing like it. She barely even cut it so I kept saying more take more. AHHHH. Well I think you will still look hot no matter who you go too. You can't help it your a HOTTIE.