So I am getting ready for work this morning when I stuck my contact in my left eye. It started to hurt so I took it out and rinsed it off with my saline solution. I stuck it back in my eye and HOLY HELL, it burned like the Dickens. I was flailing around the bathroom knocking stuff over like the hapless, but well-meaning goofy girl in every single chick flick ever made. As soon as I could get my eye open enough to get the contact out, I could see (with the working right eye) that my left eye was in serious trouble. It was beet red and hurt.
It turns out that I didn't use my saline solution after all, but my roommate's HYDROGEN PEROXIDE solution. Note to self: Have a conversation with my roommate about not leaving her dangerous crap out on the counter, so it can't get in the hands of innocents. I then ran across the street to the Eye Doctor.
Side blog: That's the best thing about where I live - EVERYTHING is across the street: A major mall including Macys and Nordstroms, the grocery store, the subway station, the great pedicure place, the drug store, the ice skating rink, great restaurants and my eye doctor. It's really quite fantastic.
So Dr. Bindal said that basically I burned the top layer off my eye. $75, antiboitics and some numbing, anti-red, gooey stuff in my eye later, he said the best thing for me to do is actually go home and take a nap. Yeah, right. Like my boss is going to believe that one. I’ve tried it before.
Sorry if you are grossed out by the photo. I wanted to try the 'Take a picture with your phone and it will automatically upload to your blog' feature. Which works and is awesome.
5 comments:
This reminds me of the time when I woke up, couldn't find my left contact in the case, probed my eye in fear and terror until it was angry and red, and then looked on the underside of the case lid and found the contact. If we could see none of this would happen!
I'm glad I don't need contacts, because I think that's something I would do. That or rinsing them down the drain.
Holy crap, I relate!!! I had a similar mishap two months ago and also did the ridiculous flailing and wailing that brought me to the fetal position on the bathroom floor. DAMN, that hurt! And then a few days later, I did it again. It's a wonder I have any eyeball left.
I flat out asked the Dr. why they make stuff like that when it's so dangerous. I mean it BURNS YOUR EYEBALL! He had even done it. And his assistant and apparently half my friends. Seriously, this is an issue.
Lasik was one of the best things I've ever done!
Post a Comment