Sorry it's been a few days. Some things have been just too hard to handle the past three days, including communication with anyone who was not myself and in anything other than mumbled half-sentences. Things are still very difficult with my family situation and have recently gotten worse, as things usually do before they get better. I was telling my dad today: it's like waking up and having your heart broken every day. That gets pretty exhausting after, you know, once.
However, I have been listening to a lot of music lately and have become particularly attached to the one below. I really like the part about 'the circle of your friends' because I do know that my friends and family are the heart of my life and will always defend the silver lining. YOU are what makes it good. I really love you guys. Note to Self: I should thank you all more for that. (Click on the lyrics to hear the song)
The Heart of Life by John Mayer
I hate to see you cry
Lying there in that position
There's things you need to hear
So turn off your tears and listen
Pain throws you heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No, it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good
You know it's nothing new
Bad news never had good timing
But then the circle of your friends
Will defend the silver lining
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No, it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
Fear is a friend who's misunderstood
But I know the heart of life is good
I know it's good.
7 comments:
Love ya!!!!!!!
I'm in line for virtual hugs behind Hoss: I love you, too!
Thanks for getting in on the ground floor. I know you guys must really care because you've stuck around for over a decade and I know it wasn't easy to love me when I was 20!
Yah, it was hard to live with you when you were 20, but I am finding it is impossible to live without you now that you are 30. You are so amazing and know just the right things to say and to do and just the right moments. Thanks so much for you calls. It will get better someday. Love, Mom.
It was very easy to love you when you were 20. I know I'm a bit late, but I love you too!!!!!
oh, and kudos to your mom for knowing how to comment. My mom can't remember how to find my blog. See. . . silver lining.
okay, I'm at work so I can comment again...I just had to say, as Maury already did, it was EASY to love you when you were 20!
Post a Comment