I am quitting Jasper cold turkey. This could be one of the harder things that I have ever resolved myself to doing completely on my own. I have no idea if this is remotely accurate, but I feel like I'm trying to quit smoking. My brain synapses are all off and firing at weird times and there's definitely an addiction that needs to be broken.
When everything came crashing in on me this weekend, I was SO tempted to call him 1) because I am used to him being my "first call." The first person I call when something happens - good or bad. 2) it just so happens that what my family is facing right now, JTRK (<-- notice how much that looks like "jerk") is an expert in this field professionally, so he has the answers to a lot of my questions. However, to bring him back into my life would cause me more damage than good. So I've hung in there and have not - will not - call.
Especially because, with all of the things happening in my life right now, all I really need is for someone to give me a hug. I just have to keep telling myself that what I need is not something I can get from Jasper the Rat King. And it helps when I call him by his full title.
2 comments:
I haven't read it yet, but saw Glen Beck talking to Huntsman about it on Christmas: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0131863665/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance
Hope it helps us in putting up with the "perceived winners" in this world ;)
whoops - I'm used to seeing comments at the bottom of posts - that last comment was meant for the Patriots post - sorry :)
Post a Comment