Yesterday, I wasted my ENTIRE day (11am - 11pm) by watching a movie marathon of all the nominees for best picture at the Oscars tonight:
Juno and Michael Clayton are great, smart and entertaining films. Atonement was OK. I really didn't get There Will Be Blood, even though the performances in it were amazing. And No Country For Old Men was violent and pointless without telling much of a story; the whole audience let out a groan of general annoyance at the end. Which means it will probably win the Oscar today. The whole day was totally shot, but it was a fun thing to do on a lazy Saturday.
Oh, and I drank another Diet Coke. That's only two since the start of Lent, so that's not too bad. But, I dare you to sit through 12 hours of cinematic wonder without one.
2 comments:
That sounds like a wonderful day and not a waste of time at all!! I usually try to see all major nominees before the Oscars but I dropped the ball this year. I've only seen Juno, which I adored.
Juno's the only one I've seen too, and I loved loved loved it.
Post a Comment