Jan 7, 2010

Oops, I did it again

Because I am awesome and had nothing else to do last night, I fell down the stairs again. This time they were concrete instead of carpeted, because I like to mix things up.

Thank goodness for Saint Courtney who drove me to urgent care (who told me to go to the ER, even though they owe me a free xray) and the drug store and carefully wrapped and bandaged both ankles while I ate all of the delicious mint brownie bites she made. Hey, I'm broken. What else can I do?

I think I'm ok. Super sore, but alright. I don't think anything is broken, which is a relief. There is a hard bump on my right foot and swelling on my ankle, that I'll watch and some wicked road rash. Both of which I feel compelled to share with you all in order to garner sympathy.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

AGAIN???? Are you multi-tasking while you walk? Rubbing belly and patting head at same time?

Rather than sympathy, it might be time for some tough love: WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING, GIRL!!!

But, yeah, that does look pretty nasty. :(

Mycket said...

ok, fine. I deserve that. But I would like to point out that this fall was NOT flip-flop related.

L said...

How have you managed to stay alive for 32 years? Really. Do I need to send some bubble wrap?

Glad it's nothing serious. Take care and enjoy your down time. :)

kimi + joe said...

Oh geesh. I wish you a speedy recovery!

Maursupial said...

I (literally) feel your pain, and feel blessed that nothing was broken. I'm glad you had a good friend with mint brownies on call.

Julie said...

i feel like its totally my fault, I should have driven you to the ER.

Anonymous said...

Pls. keep neosporin on it. I want you to heal perfectly inside and out.
--GB

Mycket said...

L - I have no idea. Its a miracle, really.
Julie - It's totally not your fault. You would have taken me if you could have.
Maurs - I am only grateful it wasn't as serious as your fall.
Dad - I am buying stock in neosporin and ace bandages (the self adhering kind) because I have a feeling I will be needing them for a long time to come.

Anonymous said...

The Eickmeyers told me you fell down the stairs. That's no fun. :(