Jan 9, 2010

Bad Mormon Manners: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

You invite someone over for dinner or out to dinner (for romantic reasons or not) and at the last minute, said invitee calls asking if they can bring a friend. Or multiple friends. Or WORSE, said invitee doesn't even call first and just shows up with more people.

Now, first of all, NO. If I wanted a bunch of other people invited, I WOULD HAVE INVITED THEM. I am the one extending the invitation. I am running the show, invitee.

Second, NO. What if I am trying to develop a relationship with said invitee? If they had a clue that that's where I was heading, why did they not buck up and say NO THANKS to dinner? Either way, I am no longer interested in someone that needs to take chaperones or a back up on a potential date.

Third, NO. What makes said invitee think that I have just made extra food or am spending extra time and money on these hanger-on-ers? Now I don't like them, their manners or their friends either.

Fourth, NO. It's just BAD MORMON MANNERS.

5 comments:

Maursupial said...

Can I get an AMEN?!

L said...

The said invitee sounds like someone Dallin would term a douche bag. His word, not mine. Wait. Is that Bad Mormon Manners also???

Hayley's Comment said...

That is horrible. People are so weird. How do they think that is okay?!!!!!!!!!!!! I just don't get it.

Melissa said...

Is there something particularly "Mormon" about that HORRID case of BAD MANNERS??? What the heck??? That is INSANE?

AMEN, Maury, AMEN.

Mycket said...

I think the "Mormon" part is that only Mormons have done it to me or others I know. It's the whole group mentality