I propose a rule governing Relief Society meals, to wit: It is considered bad form to criticize those who serve you.
If someone spends time, effort, and money on a meal and then delivers it to your home, you are required to cheerfully praise every course. The use of superlatives, such as *fantastic*, *terrific*, and *awesome* , is encouraged. You are also obligated to smile, say thank you, and MEAN it - no exceptions. If you think you may be unable to live by this rule, don’t call the Relief Society. Call Pizza Hut.
5 comments:
Amen! I hope your Relief Society has been taing care of you while you recuperate. :) If not, that is bad Mormon manners too!
well, I didn't really tell anyone. So no. But I have good friends who are taking great care of me. :)
So is that bad mormon manners too to not tell anyone? ;) (Like I can speak. I would have failed to tell people about the birth of my child if it hadn't been for some other things that came into play.) I get your point, but I'm just sayin'...
That's not Bad Mormon Manners, that's a matter of personal privacy and not chosing to have people come over to my house when I couldn't get into the shower every day
I signed up to take dinner to a family. The lady called me and told me they wanted a KFC family meal and how many of what sides to get. And then, had the nerve to complain about the pizza one of my friends had taken over the night before. Hmmmmmmmm. Bad Mormon Manners!! Just plain old tacky!
I have to agree with you! When someone takes time out of their day to put thought and money into a meal, even a simple 'thank you' will do!!
Hope you're feeling better!!!!
Post a Comment