Jan 28, 2010

Hell hath frozen over

OK, so I'll just come clean about it. I am thinking about joining Facebook. I KNOW!! I am not proud of it. Thanks to a friend, I found out that other so-called-friends are posting photos on Facebook. Of us...BACK THEN. it's mortifying to think that as an innocent 15 year old, slumber party pictures could bite you in the ass.

I am told that I could rectify the situation if I joined Facebook and untagged myself. But I have been looking at all these people I used to be good friends with and I am missing them. I mean legitimate friends, not people I sat next to in 3rd grade. Then again, I also believe that if they were really my friends, I wouldn't need a social networking site and they wouldn't post those pictures. Torture!

OK, so here is the Grand Plan: I am posting a poll. At the end of the poll, if there are 200+ votes to join, then I will. UNLESS, there are more votes not to join. I also feel that there should be some sort of sacrificial blood-letting involved if I have to join the dark side, but I haven't figured that out yet.

Heaven help us all.

13 comments:

Freddy said...

yahoo! your boss can finally give you your raise, :)

kimi + joe said...

Oh Carren, I understand the torture. I'm completely disinterested in Facebook -- however, sometimes there is compelling motivation to join. Stay strong. But if you do join I'll still be your friend OUTSIDE the social network nightmare.

Susan said...

LOLOLOL - I am laughing so hard right now. I never even thought of blackmailing you into joining FB, and I've got some good photos, too. Might just have to drag those out ...

Tammy and Alvin said...

What? I can only vote once?

Mycket said...

Freddy-you ARE the dark side
Kim- trust me, I've been fighting it for a long time
Susan! How dare you!
Alvin- you, of all people, get one vote.

L said...

You can vote more than once, you just need to clear your cache.

Mycket said...

What do you people think this is?? The 2008 General Primary at the Chicago VFW Local 7975? Vote ONCE and only if you don't live in a cemetary. Cheater Cheater Pumpkineaters.
L - For shame!

Unknown said...

200 people read your blog?

Unknown said...

I think now is the time for you to rise to your feet. Wipe the sweat from your face, Wipe the tears from your eyes. You will be heard.

Melissa said...

I voted "yes" but even I, a facebook user, am torn. I also joined to catch up with old friends and I have to admit, that has been nice. I've talked to and seen a few people that I had totally lost touch with. You could do like my mom did -- join long enough to get in touch with people and then delete your page. Find the three people you'd like to talk to, email them and be done with it!

Anonymous said...

You have to join, how else can you get the dirt on other's? I joined to see who's on. Now I use it to get the latest and greatest. I should start my own Facebook-TMZ.com site.

Hayley's Comment said...

don't. do. it. for. the. love. of. pete. don't. do. it.

Grace Rich said...

Where's the poll? Mark me down for YES! It's about freakin time yes! There are some good pictures on there that Amber .... um.... can't remember her sister name, but she's married now (which I know from facie) and her name is Peacock.... put on there of our mud fight we had oh so long ago. So you need to get on to check thouse out as well.