Jan 14, 2010

I have gratitude in my heart, an ice pack on my calf and Ace bandages on both ankles.

Pathetically, I am still laid up. My fall turned out to be much worse than expected, so I have been confined for far too long. I won't even update you with pictures, its that gross. I am dying to get out of the house, which won't happen for a few more days at least. But tonight, I am thankful.

I'm thankful for friends who: leave band-aids tied to door knobs, wash my dishes, drive me (several times) to urgent care, bring my favorite yogurts, bake brownies, offer to be on the next plane, listen to me whine and still call, googlechat and email anyway. Peapod grocery delivery, self-adhering Ace bandages, laptops, bosses who forbid me from going to work, chairs with wheels, VPN connections, my iphone with voice control, playlists, favorite movies and The Golden Girls.

I am a lucky girl. The only thing I wish I had now (besides coordination and fully functioning ankles) is an old person walk-in bathtub with a seat.

1 comment:

Gledwood said...

I hope you get better soon!