I'm desperate.
I totally hate my hair. I am on the verge of having Tristan take me out back and shoot me. It's not that long, but my hair is so fine and lacking in volume, that its just very, very sad. Very limp and very sad. I have been trying to get this haircut for 3 years:
I totally hate my hair. I am on the verge of having Tristan take me out back and shoot me. It's not that long, but my hair is so fine and lacking in volume, that its just very, very sad. Very limp and very sad. I have been trying to get this haircut for 3 years:
It's great for fine hair because volume can be cut in. How hard can it be, right? Apparently, in DC, VERY hard. The first time I tried, the stylist looked at the picture, said he could not do it and pushed me out the door, even though I had an appointment. I kid you not. I was so shocked I couldn't even gather myself enough to throw an approriate hissy-fit.
I did manage to get another appointment at that salon (a fancy-schmancy place), but I ended up looking like a soccer mom - straight bob all the way around. It could have been worse. I could have looked like a hockey mom or like my stylist was drunk, which she WAS.
Tyler didn't like the style, so wouldn't cut it for me. I heard he is back in town, but I am not going back to someone who won't give me what I want - no matter how cute he is. (Is THAT called maturity? I think it is!)
The stylist after him, Ferdinand, ended our humilating dance by having an intern with shaky hands take a swipe at my head, leaving an uneven difference in the back of almost 2 inches. Something pretty hard to cover up, jerkstore.
Finally, the last time I went to UT (I swear, all women under 35 are issued this haircut upon arrival), the stylist did a great job with the front, but I still was not happy with the back. Stack it higher! Cut it shorter! I am not afraid of short hair. I have had some SHORT, SHORT hair in my life and I embrace it. I have a short haired soul.
But people here don't seem to believe me when I say make it shorter. I want to look professional, but not old. Slightly edgy, but not Posh Spice. Daring, but not Kate Gosselin (gag reflex noises.)
SO, I have an appointment today with Franck (think Martin Short in Father of the Bride), the owner of a NICE place that supposedly specializes in fine, short hair. It has great reviews in mags like Allure, Lucky, The Daily Candy and in all of the good DC mags. But it IS pricey. The kind of pricey that is said in a whisper to your friends and NEVER to your parents. Wish me luck!
So my question to you is: How much do you pay? And should price ever be a consideration since your hair is the only thing you actually wear every day?
6 comments:
I loooooooove that hair cut and it would look way cute on you! Why is this so hard????
How much I pay to maintain my long hair in West Virginia should have no bearing on how much you pay for SHORT hair in DC so I'm not even going to answer your question. But, having had short hair for many years, I know it is not something to triffle with. You usually get what you pay for (with the exception of the bad hair cut that cost too much...I have yet to find that magical $15 awesome short hair cut.) Hair can make or break your morning routine, your outfit, your mood. I whole-heartedly believe a short cut is worth a few (or a lot of) extra bucks to have it done right. Of course, I have no idea what I high end hair cut runs you in DC, but if you can work it into your budget, GO FOR IT.
I'm so excited your appointment is TODAY! I will live vicariously through you so please post pictures when you get this gorgeous cut! Many days I think I would like to go short again, but then I look at old pictures and realize I never looked good with short hair, no matter how many different styles I tried. You, on the other hand, look fabulous!
You gotta pay to play! That's what I always say. Actually, I've never said that before in my entire life but seems appropriate now!
Ooooooh, I'm so excited for you! I hope Franck works out!
Oh, and if Franck doesn't work out, I'm pretty sure Carlie (age 13) had this same hair cut about a year ago and it was dang cute. She's growing it out now, much to my chagrin. She always looks cute, but I think any woman who can pull off short hair should have short hair. She has fine hair, too. I could find out the name of her stylist and this could be an excuse for you to come visit me!
Okay, enough obsessing about your hair and upcoming appointment. I have to get back to work!!!!
The first thing I said to Carlie at your wedding was "I want your hair!" I had never said that to a tween before!
Seriously - how hard can it be??
"I swear, all women under 35 are issued this haircut upon arrival"
hahaha...so TRUE. My girl only charges $20 and I'm sure she does that exact cut at least once a day. Good luck with Franck. Post pictures when your done. Can't wait to see the results!
AMEN SISTA! I moved to Seattle from DC (where I had Tiffany who cut my hair perfectly) and now know one can cut it! And I'm not afraid of short either! First things first, NO AMOUNT of money is TOO MUCH FOR A GOOD HAIRCUT. Trust me! I am with you in your desperation for a cute haircut! Totally my dear.
I think that hair is so important that you should pay whatever you are willing to pay in order to get what you want. Like Melissa said, that's different for every person and for every situation. Right now I pay more than I'm comfortable paying just so I don't end up looking like Ronald McDonald 'cause there aren't many hairstylists who know how to cut curly hair. YOU GO GIRL!!
Post a Comment