UPDATED: PHOTOS ADDED
My hair is not lopsided, it's just caught on the collar of my shirt.
So I am torn. He is a good looking, straight guy. His wife co-owns the salon with him. He was interesting and not awkward to talk to, as I find most stylists. I genuinely liked him.
When I went in, I explained that my first priority was getting a good cut, one that would fix the jagged gape hacked out of the back of my head, and would grow out well since my hair grows about 1.5 inches every 8 weeks (I am not kidding, we measured.) I also explained the general idea of what I wanted. I did not, however, show him the pictures that I brought because I am dumb.
He analyzed my hair, said a few things that made a lot of sense about having fine hair and went to work. I think that is it a good cut. A really good cut, actually. My hair, for once, is evenly cut. It falls right and no matter how my hair happens to part, it doesn't look lopsided. Plus, even after water aerobics last night, my hair dried into a really good shape, which NEVER happens - it is a good cut.
My complaint: it's still not exactly what I wanted. I think that I wanted more of a side-swept bang and tapered around the bottom and fringe around the face (like the Hayden Panettiere picture) so the ends of my hair are more like pointing at me than curling towards me. And STACKED HIGHER in the back (which is not something I really pushed), like a 40 degree angle from the middle back of my head to the longer front strands. Is this making sense to anyone else??
So I am torn because I am glad for the good cut. I think it's cute I think that in 8 weeks, the length will be perfect in the front for what I want. But I also am not entirely happy.
Will I go back? Yes. But I will be armed with the photos and a copy of this post. Maybe my problem is NOT that I can't get the cut I want, but that I have no idea how to actually talk to a stylist. Which sounds ridiculous, since I am so good at bossing everyone else around...thoughts?
When I went in, I explained that my first priority was getting a good cut, one that would fix the jagged gape hacked out of the back of my head, and would grow out well since my hair grows about 1.5 inches every 8 weeks (I am not kidding, we measured.) I also explained the general idea of what I wanted. I did not, however, show him the pictures that I brought because I am dumb.
He analyzed my hair, said a few things that made a lot of sense about having fine hair and went to work. I think that is it a good cut. A really good cut, actually. My hair, for once, is evenly cut. It falls right and no matter how my hair happens to part, it doesn't look lopsided. Plus, even after water aerobics last night, my hair dried into a really good shape, which NEVER happens - it is a good cut.
My complaint: it's still not exactly what I wanted. I think that I wanted more of a side-swept bang and tapered around the bottom and fringe around the face (like the Hayden Panettiere picture) so the ends of my hair are more like pointing at me than curling towards me. And STACKED HIGHER in the back (which is not something I really pushed), like a 40 degree angle from the middle back of my head to the longer front strands. Is this making sense to anyone else??
So I am torn because I am glad for the good cut. I think it's cute I think that in 8 weeks, the length will be perfect in the front for what I want. But I also am not entirely happy.
Will I go back? Yes. But I will be armed with the photos and a copy of this post. Maybe my problem is NOT that I can't get the cut I want, but that I have no idea how to actually talk to a stylist. Which sounds ridiculous, since I am so good at bossing everyone else around...thoughts?
5 comments:
Here are my thoughts because you asked for them so don't be mad at me.
First off I have been VERY lucky to find amazing stylist. My stylist lives in Idaho, but comes to her sisters here in Utah every 8 weeks in the summer to do hair. Which means in the winter i have to drive to Idaho to get my hair done, but a 3 1/2 hour drive is totally worth it for her!
Secondly the only time I started being truely happy with my hair is when I stopped worrying about it so much. Granted I found people that I totally trust and I am the girl that went in for a trim one day and ended up cutting my butt length hair to 2 inch Pixie hair because it sounded fun, but still. Honestly once I started telling them the types of things I like and just let them have at it knowing it'll be something a little unexpected, is when I really started likeing my hair! Again, only possible with someone you trust.... this isn't helping is it?
My point is, the cut you described that you got sounds so cute on you! And yeah, you may have to go back next time and show pictures of just how short you want the back of your hair, but you are that much closer to actually getting the cut you want! I think you should go back to him if you liked him and somewhat liked the cut he gave you. :)
You're right, it's a cute haircut. However, it doesn't even seem close to the A-line you are looking for in the back. I have faith that Franck could do it with the right picture.
PS I like your necklace, too.
Toally cute!!! The hair looks great. I love it. I know it is not what you want, but if he does a good job, well he does a good job. You should totally go back.
I think your hair looks very cute. I agree with Freddy's comment. He did a good job and maybe next time he'll get closer to what exactly YOU want! It's so hard to find a good stylist. I'm going through the same thing. I totally chopped my hair off and my hair grows fast too. It's frustrating to me when I pay ALL that money for a trim and I come out with a totally different style than I had. Anyways, as you can tell I have a bit of an understanding what you're going through. If I were you I think I'd give Franck another try and see how it goes from there because I really do love your hair, it looks good!! Good luck!
Post a Comment