Jun 22, 2009

Top 5: Promise me you'll take me out back and shoot me if...

My friend Tristy and I have a murder pact going. Not the typical murder-suicide pact. Just a murder pact. Some of these apply to just Tristy, others apply to me. Either way, if any of the following things happen, one of us is supposed to go out back and shoot the other.

1) If we ever get to the point where the general public can't determine our gender.

2) If our hair ever gets long, nasty and straggly. (We're extreme. Don't get a hair cut. Oh no, cut the problem off at the root - Har har.)

3) If one of us is found to be actively engaged in online dating.

4) If we ever have a shotgun wedding and are not pregnant (This was because we saw the unbelieveable stress and almost self-implosion that our best bud Court went through during her 6 weeks of wedding prep. This is something Court pulled off beautifully with grace and humor. For Trist and/or myself, it would be a hot mess of horribleness and we would be better off being taken out back and shot.)

5) If we are ever in the hospital for more than a few hours and don't let people know. Especially if an overnight stay is involved.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

ahhhhhahahhahahahahahahhahahhaha! Whew. That's a good list.

Although, I have to tell you, one of my best friends is now married to a guy she met on match.com. And here's the catch--she's happy. I don't know that I would've ever had the guts to do it, but I certainly don't balk anywmore.

Mycket said...

well, Like I said, some of these apply to Trist and others apply to me...not necessarily a two way street...

Melissa said...

Ha! Okay, gotcha.

Hayley's Comment said...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Tristy did the last one and was almost shot out back because of it?

Mycket said...

Yes, hence the creation of the rule. And it was less of a "If this ever happens, promise me you'll take me out back and shoot me" and more of a "IF YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN, I SWEAR, I WILL TAKE YOU OUT BACK AND SHOOT YOU!" kinda thing.

Fattastic said...

#1 is one of my biggest fears. That and becoming lactose intollerant...I agree to encourage the shooting of either of you based on these conditions. Especially that wedding one. Yikes!