*Sigh* Ok, this confession is particularly painful: I've read all three of the released Twilight books and despite my best efforts, I liked them. Even though I am 30 and reasonably mature, I'm excited for the release of the fourth book and the movie. In honor of this embarrassing confession, this week's playlist is dedicated to vampire love - '80s style.
9 comments:
That's not much of a confession - every LDS woman in this state (I swear) has read and loved these books. C'mon - where's the juicy stuff?
Where I live, this sort of thing is not really done. And those who do enjoy the books are kind of underground.
When I first heard of these books, they were spoken of with a lot of disdain. Not because they are about any part of the LDS church (one would have never known that the author was LDS), but because it's kind of an open rebellion against anything that's part of the LDS CULTURE. With the attitude of "We don't live in Utah, so let's not act like we do" kind of thing. I am not entirely approving of it, but trust me, this is a big confession on my part. :)
Ok. I read the first book and reeeeeallly didn't like it. It was so overwrought and I wanted to poke Edward in the eye. A LOT of my friends have loved them, though, and I don't think you should be ashamed. I think you like what you like and you should own it. There's a freedom in admitting that you like something cheesy. I felt like a weight had been removed from my shoulders when I finally admitted that I LOVE the horrible show "What I Like About You" and have a weakness for really bad Mandy Moore films. Really.
You have no idea the amount of joy that just went into my heart because L-train and I finally convinced you to reading the books and now you're addicted!
Too funny! I also have to confess that I read the first book thinking it was going to be stupid but then I had to run out and buy the 2nd book because there was a waiting list of 40 people at the library...I couldn't wait that long. I know sad! Thanks for your comments....I personally think your an awesome person and it's too bad we don't live closer together. You could babysit!! ha ha...jokes!
That is a big deal and I respect your courage to admit a cheesy addiction, while respectfully disagreeing. I sooo wanted to love these books! Teen vampires?? I loved the Lost Boys! Unfortunately, Edward was no Kiefer. He bugged the crap out of me and I wanted Bella to stop being such a whinny victim. So what did I do when I finished the first book? I bought the second one. I felt compelled. I read the second one and no longer felt compelled to keep going.
But, all said, I strongly encourage fluffy escapes and guilty pleasures! I'm just jealous these books aren't mine. :)
Ok so I still watch high scool chick flicks like bring it on. No I don't really like them I just have netflix and get bored. So that is really lame. I have to admit I am not sure what the book is, but if you think it's that good I should give it a try.
Let me clarify that I didn't love the books. I liked them. I liked feeling like I was 16 and stupidly in love again. That was fun, but I am not addicted (ah hem, Jannna.) But I enjoyed reading them for a day (that's all it takes to get through them.) And I agree Maury: I wanted to hurt Bella myself on more than one occassion. But it's fluff and everyone can use some fluff sometime.
Oh, and if you're looking for another guilty pleasure: Degrassi, the Next Generation. I LUH-UVE it!
Post a Comment