Because of a $675/month rent increase on our apartment (bringing the total on our three bedroom apartment to well over $3,000), my roommates are moving out. All three of them. Because I can't afford the place on my own and won't be able to find Mormon roommates at these prices (man, we are freaking cheap!), I have to move out as well. By April 30.
I hate the apartment building owners and the evil capitalist overlords that recently bought the management rights to the place (and are the ones responsibile for these unethical changes.) I've lived here for 6 years and when I went to them to try to negotiate the increase, their response was "Well, since you've been such a good tenant, we can give you a one bedroom for $1,650 and only charge you $250 to transer." GEE. THANKS. Jerk stores.
This means that within a 6 week period, I have to start a new job AND find a new place to move into, which will most likely double my rent anyway as I want to live by myself now. PLUS, I will most likely have to move on my 31st birthday. This is just a little too much for a girl who does not deal with change well.
This totally sucks.
4 comments:
That's insane. We rent our 3 bedroom/2 bath house for $1500/mo. and it has a big lawn, wood floors, crown moulding, etc. Maybe you should move out to AZ ... I could set you up!
I feel your pain. This is kinda what I went through when my tacky roommate Kelsey moved out on me with two months left in the lease. Good luck, I feel your pain
Now that you know that "rest of the story" you are going to have to write a lot of..."I am so grateful" comments. Love, Mom
So why does the Lord feels he needs to test us so much? It seems it happens like this. I am soo sorry. Hope the pictures above are of your new place. Wasn't sure what they were. Good luck.
Post a Comment