Mar 19, 2008

Dammit!, part ll: I swore and God still loves me.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret...actually this is one that I told you last week. So I am going to remind you of a little secret: Sometimes, life just works out - despite your best unintentional efforts to hinder the process. I STILL find great comfort in this.

So, after my whiney-ness yesterday, I went to look at three apartments. None of which were suitable. One was WAY WAY too small, one was WAY WAY too old (no updates since 1940, anyone?) and the other was WAY WAY too expensive. It was day two of apartment searching and it wasn't going so hot. Plus, I really just wanted to get this done so I could focus on starting my new job in 2.5 weeks.

I then got an email from a friend who said she knew I was looking and she knew of a place....Long story short, God intervened on my behalf about 304 times this afternoon and I now have a new apartment! This situation literally solves every problem I was having and this place is SO perfect for me, I can't even describe it. So I won't. Pictures are below. :) It is (or will be) EVERYTHING I was looking for in a place.

It's not finished yet, but will be by the time I move in a few weeks from now (notice the kitchen is missing still, but I am way excited about the brand new stainless steel appliances!) Its a bit more than I wanted to pay, but about half of what I would pay for this size apartment anywhere else. Plus, its only a few blocks away, so I get to stay in my ward and keep the great location.

I really COULD NOT be happier about this. I am really blessed and I know it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats my friend. The place is great. This stuff always happens so fast for you.

user said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! It's HUGE and brand-spankin' new. Awesome. Everything worked out. Very exciting and wonderful. You deserve it.

Maursupial said...

I know I'm unoriginal, but congratulations. The big guy always comes through. I always freak out when it comes to things like this and He always takes care of me. You'd think I'd learn. :) It looks amazing and let me tell you, living alone is the BEST THING EVER!!!!