My favorite scrapbooker/stalkee, Elizabeth does "10 on Tuesdays" and I love it. I would like to share 10 on this Tuesday in honor of her idea and the fact that right now, all of my sidewalks are shoveled and there is not a snowflake in the sky. Happy day!
1) Trist left yesterday after a 10 day visit that was AWESOME. I love having her around and I had forgotten all the good things about living with a roommate that I actually like. We had a great time with lots of nothing-doing, Olympics watching and excellent food (including two visits to Bob Evans.) I miss her already.
1) Trist left yesterday after a 10 day visit that was AWESOME. I love having her around and I had forgotten all the good things about living with a roommate that I actually like. We had a great time with lots of nothing-doing, Olympics watching and excellent food (including two visits to Bob Evans.) I miss her already.
2) We went bowling in the first time in FOREVER last weekend. It was so fun, but I hate that I am TERRIBLE at picking bowling names and even worse at bowling (See: last line.)
3) Most of the men's ice skating competitors have been placed on my team. Some of which were a low blow by Trist. However, I did manage yell out that the guy in the overalls was on Trist's team. Yes! Score!
4) I am soo sooo sooo sick of the snow and the life disruptions that it brings. I live FOUR miles from my office and had a one way commute that was just over 2 hours. COME ON!5) I have decided I am giving up Giving Up for lent. I am terrible at finishing projects. I get all gung-ho about starting things and get about 75% done and then just stop for no reason. My house is FULL of half finished projects. It's not like they get harder or anything. I just move on to other things. It drives me nuts, but not enough to actually finish said things. Case in point: My Christmas tree skirt still looks exactly the same as it did 2 months ago. Anyone have suggestions for changing this bad habit?
6) Tristan and I share an odd love of all things CSI/NCIS/Law & Order/48 Hours/Unsolved Mysteries/Forensic Science stuff. Happening upon a friend's blog, we found out about the Crime and Punishment Museum. HELLO! Where has this been all my life?! We went the next day - it was totally awesome. They had a CSI workshop where we learned about kinds of finger printing done at crime scenes, shoe imprints, DNA testing and blood spatter (it's not "splatter".) This is Tristy demonstrating the kind of spatter than a hammer would make. It also happens to be where John Walsh films America's Most Wanted, so that's pretty cool. If I were to go back to school and be smart, I would totally be a CSI. It was fascinating and we learned tons of disgusting things. I highly recommend it.
7) Brunch at the District Chophouse next to the Crime Museum is delicious; as is the Red Velvet Cupcakery on the other side of the Chophouse. Carrot Cupcakes.....hmmmmmYUM!
8) Court has a new little Toy Yorkie puppy named Trudie and I am obsessed with her. OBSESSED. I have never been an animal person, preferring to have fish (that I do not have a good track record with). But I totally want a little Toy Yorkie now. Trudie is so playful, but then gets exhausted and then just sort of passes out. It's adorable. They don't shed, bark incessantly, or jump up on you. And they are hypo-allergenic. Court's brother also had a Toy Yorkie and they are eventually going to try breeding them. I am signing up for the first one! Too cute!
9) Brace yourselves. It's Oscar season again, which means another AMC Best Picture Showcase. Only this year, there are now 10 Best Picture Nominees. That means two Saturdays in a row of watching five movies each day. OR I could go hardcore and watch all of the movies in one day. Midnight - midnight. Hmmm. Not sure yet...either way, I am sure you'll hear about it!
10) I love it when a plan comes together. There are some days when everything works out perfectly, quite accidentally and it makes me so happy. It's rare and such a joy. The perfect parking spot in front of the perfect restaurant, museum and bakery, running into the right people at the right time and missing the wrong people all together. A lovely dinner with dear friends and USA beating Canada in hockey. Little coincidences and moments that make for a great day. I am not sure what happens to make these serendipitous days work, but I sure do appreciate them.




5 comments:
I love that the Chophouse is next to the Crime Museum, just seems appropriate.
That's cool you went to the Crime & Punishment Museum! I still have yet to go. Now that I know it's as cool as I always thought it was I will definitely have to go.
I too love all those CSI/Forensic Files shows...my husband thinks I'm so weird so I have to watch them when he's gone, but then I get scared.
I like this post. I too have an affinity for crime shows. My fave is Cold Case Files... I'm also pretty sure Trudie likes you too! She can't help but wag that little tail stub when you talk to her.
Have I told you lately that I LOVE your blog??
Aren't you awfully sweet. My poor blog is totally neglected lately, but I'm off to do a three-day-late TonT right now : )
Post a Comment