Dec 5, 2009

Pre-holiday preparations

I've been very busy this morning working away in my little apartment like a Christmas elf - still in her pajamas at 4pm and watching college football. A good chunk of the Christmas cards are out.The Christmas decorations are all up and the whole house smells like these yummy little scones I've been baking up.

I'm also making some holiday boxes to present said little scones in.

Eventually, I am going to shower and go over to Julie's where I will finally finish this year's Christmas Craft: A tree skirt to replace the sad plain red felt one I have. We're so close to finishing - just some stiching and the edging and ribbon ties. Who am I kidding though? Julie does the sewing and I have done the ironing and cutting and keeping her company. She is AMAZING and creative when it comes to the fabric arts. I wish I had as much confidence with a sewing machine as I do with a paper trimmer.

Plus, it started snowing today! Yippee! For some reason, the first snow always happens on December 5th. Literally. I've noticed because it is my sister-in-law, Lori's, birthday. Every year for the past 4 years, the first snow has arrived on December 5th. So Happy Birthday to Lori and Happy Snow Day to me!

6 comments:

Malissa said...

So festive!! I love it!Do you hire out? Want to come decorate my place? Oh, and the smell of holiday baking!! I'm imagining it right now!! Enjoy the snow. We should be getting a bit tonight. It's been in the 20's. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

kimi + joe said...

Sounds like you've been a busy elf and those little scones look mighty tasty! Could you post or email me the recipe?

The Spencers said...

Love the Christmas tree skirt, so cute! I'll send some of our snow your way. We got so much in the past three days that church was cancelled last night. So no church today (so wierd). But almost everybody is snowed in. It's been kind of nice to be nice and cozy and do some baking. Your holiday boxes look awesome. I wish I was that crafty. Have a happy sunday!

L said...

All of my life, wherever I have lived, the first snow usually comes on my birthday. Weird. Anyway, the scones look awesome and I think we should make some when you come home.

Melissa said...

ooooooh, your christmas craftiness is inspiring!! Scones, cards, boxes, TREE SKIRT! I honor the crafty goddess inside you. I'm trying to make friends with a sewing machine, too. I don't know why I find them so intimidating, but I do. Give me two needles and some yarn and I'm at home. When you talk bobbins and footers, my insides turn to jelly.

Merry Christmas!

Julie said...

I can't wait to see the skirt finished and the scones look delish!