Dec 6, 2009

You Say Hello and I Say Goodbye

I went home at the beginning of October for three specific reasons: 1) to greet the new precious neice, Allie Jane. 2) to say goodbye to my sister, Hermana Janna Lynn, called to serve in the California San Jose Mission (obviously Spanish speaking) and 3) to go to the BYU-USU game. I pack my vacations so full of stuff to do, that I am not sure they can fully qualify as vacations.

We've always teased Janna that she would go on a mission. All of us, including my mom and dad, have. I am sure that there was some amount of pressure to go, but really we were expecting her to just because she was always a better person than the rest of us. I am so proud of who she is and the decisions she has made. We are going to miss her a lot, but San Jose needs her more right now.

I was so happy to spend time with Allie. She is beautiful with so much hair!. Lori and Scott sure do make cute kids. She slept a lot and spent most of the time being held by Aunt Janna. I can't wait to get my time in with her at Christmas! I'm going to get my title of Favorite Aunt back for at least 2 years!

It was also super fun to go to the game with Chelsi and Kendall. This was the second game of the season with them. We have a pretty good record of 2-0 and it's SO fun to go to the game with true fans (not a comment on my football traveling buddy, Scott. Although Kendall does think Scott is to blame for BYU's two losses, since he was present at both.) Las Vegas Bowl Here We Come!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

She is gorgeous!

Dang! I think I could snip a few clumps of that hair to tape to my bald baby's head and no one would even miss it!

Mycket said...

I know! And that's when she was 2 weeks old. She is almost 3 months now. I'm sure I'll be able to braid it by then!

L said...

That is a beautiful picture of Allie. I think I will copy it. Thank you!

Hayley's Comment said...

How exciting about being home. Bitter sweet for sure. It must be tough to head back home! Good Luck Janna!