Mar 6, 2010

Not soon enough

Sorry for the radio silence, but there is nothing really going on worth blogging about. Both in my world and in my head. But don't worry, you'll be seeing some nonsense posts shortly.

Basically, I am TIRED of winter and I desperately need some sun. I am not usually one to complain about the weather (unless it's hot - then WATCH OUT!) I am SOOOOO ready for spring.

I try to buy myself flowers every week because why not? I deserve it. This week, I bought some bright yellow tulips (my favorite flower.) How happy are these?? These make me smile whenever I am home. It's amazing what a difference a litte flower can make in your life every day. Yipeee for the coming of spring! Quick, quick like a bunny (as my dad used to say.)

PS - I DID join Facebook this morning, despite all my angry posturing. I hate that I did and I feel dirty. But I feel slightly justified in reconnecting with a dear friend from Mongolia that I literally had NO other way of contacting. Go ahead and mock me, I deserve it. But if you do, I may decline your friend request.

8 comments:

stargazer said...

Ohhh, I get to be first. Welcome to spring! And it was "Quick like a bunny".

stargazer said...

And welcome to facebook, can I be your friend?

Mycket said...

OF COURSE, I can't believe I typed Hurry hurry. I always say "quick quick like a bunny." Ask any of my new facebook friends.

Tristan Takos said...

Traitor.

Mycket said...

I figured that would get you to actually comment on my posts. I know I deserve it. But you know how much I love stalking people and you'd be shocked SHOCKED, at the amount of information there is to be found. The guy I had a crush on in 8th grade is still still totally adorable. The guy I had a crush on all through high school, not so much. Take solace in the fact that you are not alone. I got this text from my brother last night. "You know who else had principles... Berlin. They built a wall on principles, but they crumbled too thanks to the Ole' Gipper. Today is just a dark day in my life. When I write about this day in my journal, the entry will start with a frowny face, and then "one of the strong ones fell today"

Hayley's Comment said...

1. Yellow Tulips are my very favorite
2. I like that you made the facebook post real small like as if we wouldn't notice! hahahahahahaha Welcome my friend.

Tristan Takos said...

I've changed your name in my cell phone to read Benedict Arnold.

Mycket said...

Well you also better set my new ringtone to "God Save the Queen" because I've gone to the darkside.