Mar 23, 2010

Familial Influence

As the oldest kid in my family, someone recently asked me if it was a lot of pressure having four younger siblings. Frankly, I never really thought about it. I always just did my own thing and never really expected anyone to look up to me or follow my lead. (Unless I told them what to do - that's a different story.)

I would like to share two examples from tonight, when two brothers individually called me to share how I have influenced them in their young and developing lives:

1) Dallin - Called to ask my opinion about attending his local voting precinct meeting. I encouraged him to go and participate in politics. He is now the precinct treasurer! He already has an interest in politics and a drive to be involved and make the world better. I like to think I somehow shaped that and am honored he wants to know my opinion those matters.

2) Kendall, who like me, has always been a Law and Order buff, called to tell me he started playing the NBC online Law and Order Trivia Challenge. At the time of this screen shot, he's FIRST in the NATION! However, notice his screen name: Suckit,Carren.

You win some, you lose some.

4 comments:

Hayley's Comment said...

SO FUNNY! I was thinking about doing the law & order trivia too! I'm glad you brothers look up to you, as they should! Even if they rub it in your face! Love you!

Maursupial said...

Heck, I look up to you and I'm

1. older than you

2. not your sibling

Of course your brothers do!

Maursupial said...

Oh, and I love his screen name. It's almost as good as "Cap'nGeech" which was my favorite one of yours.

ps. I just watched the extended director's version of "That Thing You Do" and I love it more than ever.

Mycket said...

EXTENDED DIRECTOR'S VERSION?? Sign me up! That's not on my VHS tape!