Jul 1, 2010

30 days hath June...

Sooo, I have missed all of June. I haven't blogged at all. I am sure you have noticed. Heaven knows enough people have bugged me about it. I am still taking a photo-a-day (up to 67 photos, thankyouverymuch, Alvin.) So here it is, all of June:

1) In Seattle, the only thing I really wanted to do was spend time with Hayley and go see The Northwestern, one of the 4 boats featured on the show Deadliest Catch, of which I am obsessed. I was totally lizzing!
2) Arriving in DC at the crack of dawn left me exhausted, so I spent the next day sleeping, doing laundry and watching Deadliest Catch.
3) The ring I bought about 12 years ago and worn (mostly) every day since.
4) Typical traffic morning.
5) Buy a movie, rent a pizza night with Hoss. Good times.
6) Dannon Light N Fit yogurt. Totally addicted.
7) The Wafle (yes, Wafle) Shop. A "Guadalarlington" landmark. I have yet to gather the courage to go.
8) I decided to take the big plunge and try Bare Minerals makeup. I totally love it. It really evens out my skin tone and stops my skin from drying out and kicking up the eczema.
9) OPI Caviar and Vodka polish
10) Watermelon! Yum!
11) Friday night date night with myself and Redbox.
12) I do my own nails. I like them short, but they grow way too fast.
13) I am known for some pretty wicked bed head. This was particularly bad. My hair was about 4 inches straight out. I had a really bad dream about floating in a tin tub with someone else in a dock area. There were lots of other people around and in the water as a black shark was circling us with a ginormous split fin. Suddenly, it jumped out of the water on to the dock where it attacked a man. I was screaming "He's on the dock! He's out of the water!" Then the shark dragged the man back into the water and another man jumped in, got the first man free and then picked up the shark by the tail and flung him back in the water by his tail. The shark started circling towards us (floating in a tin tub again) when I woke up. With a giant blonde fuzz ball.
14) I managed to spend $8 on a great smelling lip balm that smelled even better (again, sarcasm italicized) when melted in the dryer all over some of my favorite shirts and EVERY pair of my dress pants. I have not recovered.
15) Sick day mid-day "medicine."
16) Dinner with Julie and Mary. Always a great time!
17) This is the building where I work on the top floor.
18) After a Costco run. Plenty of fruit, cheese and shaved turkey breast.
19) Dinner with Jane and Rachel in the National Harbor. Very cool place!
20) The Perfect Brownie pan really does solve all the world's problems.
21) Spent the THE WHOLE NIGHT trying to update my iPhone software to the magical iOS4. WHOLE NIGHT. It took forever.
22) Chicken Burrito Ultimo from Baja Fresh. So yummy!
23) Stayed at a super sketch hotel near the airport so I could a) get a hot shower because our hot water had been out for two days and I desperately needed a good shower and b) I didn't want to get up at 3am to make my flight home.
24) Playing with Jackson in his "park", IE his new swing set.
25) Game night where the only bloodshed was left on the Monopoly board during Dallin's hostile takeovers.
26) Allie is the cutest kid on the face of the earth.
27) Fantastic dinner with Nancy and Sam at their charming apartment.
28) Ate Cafe Rio twice while I was home! Like crack cocaine.
29) Congressional Baseball Game! Rep. Shimkus is wearing the Jersey of the University of Illinois Springfield Prairie Stars. He was also named MVP for the Republicans that night, albeit during a heart breaking loss. How I love Team Shimkus. It was so good to hang with dear friends that night.
30) SYTYCD's Kent Boyd. About the sweetest kid on TV ever.

6 comments:

kimi + joe said...

Wow, you have been busy! You captured two of my favorite summer treats - watermelon and pedicures. I wonder if your July will be any less busy?

Chellor said...

This makes me very happy. I can breathe a little easier now that you have posted. Thank you.

Mycket said...

Kim - probably not. Taking a photo a day makes you pretty busy, even though you'll notice that a lot of these photos are of my meals or my TV.
Chels - Ditto for you girlfriend.

Tammy and Alvin said...

I should never have underestimated your determination. Keep it up. Love the pictures and commentary.

Hayley's Comment said...

1. CAFE RIO WILL BE IN MY HEAVEN
2. I HEART KENT TOO
3. and you reminded me I am due for a pedicure soon

Hayley's Comment said...

I'm ammending my comment. I forgot to say that I loved the congressional baseball game you took me too! SO FUN!