
Here it is! The digital mixtape for my beloved blog readers. You can see the tracks (with a little commentary) below. I don't have any particular theme here other than a snapshot into my musical life at the moment. These are some of the the songs that have basically been on repeat for the past month or so (maybe longer). I had to take out about 25 to get it to flow well (like Brandi Carlile, which pained me!)
The songs might not be particularly cool, new or hip, but this is what you get with me. "Here is a part of my soul."
If you would like a CD of this mix for your very own listening pleasure, leave a comment saying so and I'll mail you one free of charge! They link to my YouTube playlist of the songs. Be sure to click "Play all videos" to listen to the whole playlist, minimize the window and pretend you and I are on a roadtrip. Some videos are live or to random pictures, but the songs are real. You get the idea and you'll get over it.
2) Hey, Soul Sister - Train - I recognize that this may be the most bubblegum song ever, but it makes for a great summer. Especially when sung by thousands in a baseball stadium. Try not to smile when you sing along. Impossible.
5) Breakeven (Falling to Pieces) - The Script - Hayley put this on her mix for the drive to Montana and I downloaded it right then, whereeveritwasthatwewere (Thank you HT and iPhone!) I have since downloaded the whole album. It's fantastically lyrical. "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" is my favorite. Oh, HT, they'll be in Seattle Oct 16 if you're interested! 2) Hey, Soul Sister - Train - I recognize that this may be the most bubblegum song ever, but it makes for a great summer. Especially when sung by thousands in a baseball stadium. Try not to smile when you sing along. Impossible.
7 comments:
Have I told you that I have been wanting a mix tape from you for AGES? Well it's true! If you feel so inclined send it my way. I love love love this. I have a deep passion for music, but I have one problem. I hate being in charge of what to listen to. I have tons of music, but have been stuck listening to Pandora the last month because I have been refusing to pick out my own play list. Nothing makes me happier than for someone else to say, "Here you should listen to these songs today!" Thank you!
Looks like a great play list. I'd love a copy :D
Oh me me me. I want one! THANK YOU. YOU ARE AMAZING!
Chels! While Pandora is entertaining and enjoyable, music should never be thoughtless escapism! Plus how does pandora know what you like if you don't pick and choose? I'm getting a set of mix CDs out to you. Stat!
Tiff and HT - will do!
We would love a copy. We SO need some more post-1995 music in our home.
Oooh, I'd love a CD! You've always had excellent taste in music. I adore Hey, Soul Sister and ANYTHING by Matchbox 20/Rob Thomas. Thanks!
My point exactly Carren. But honestly I do HATE having to choose what to listen to. It will be a happy day when Steve Jobs comes up with a way we can hook a wire up to our brain and it can determine what kind of music and what songs we are in the mood for. Hmmm.....
Post a Comment