Aug 28, 2009

Top 5: Watch for the signs

So incaseyoudon'tknowme AT ALL, I am going to the BYU/OU game next weekend and am BESIDE myself with anticipation and excitement. But, there is pressure to perform, as I do have a standard to maintain. After all, I am a BYU Rockstar. So, since EPSN will be covering the game, I have been pondering (for months) possible signs to hold up that will get me on ESPN during the broadcast. This is what I have thus far:

5)

4) (Reference to the new Dallas Cowboys' stadium):

3)

2) Note to our new punter (and maybe kicker) OH MAN, I would LOVE to see this happen!
1) But I think the winner is:



With this sign, I can't go wrong. And let me tell you why.

A) It not only shows that I can spell correctly AND line up my ESPN letters all in a row, but it shows that I am a FAN. A fan's fan. I read scouting reports, blog and commentaries. I am up-to-date on the FANTASTIC outlook for the 2010 Cougars. Yes, that's right 2-0-1-0. If the booth guys have ANY intelligence whatsoever, they'll notice this. It is a risky move, I know.

2) It's also a snide little dig on Texas and you know how I love to be snidey-ey. Ross Apo, at 6'4", is a highly regarded high school wide-reciever in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Area AND prior to making a verbal commitment to BYU earlier this spring was a soft commit to Texas. TEXAS! HA!! Eat that, damned orange beasties. This sign is going to just rub in the lemon juice so to speak. (YES, I know we're playing OU, but we'll be IN Texas. Ohshutup.)

D) Apo is 114% for sure going to be at the game. I have seen enough football to know what game producers like. And you know what the like? Showing rabid fans holding signs supporting sweet-faced fresh young talent and then cutting away to SHOW said sweet-faced fresh young talent. It's a money shot.

SO, watch for me, my sign, and my boys in blue (also, my best pal Scott, some other friends, and Kendall and Chels) on the 5th at gametime! And text me if you see us!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

i like the sign but you could always make all of them, or go with the classic

Everybody
Should
Play
Naked

Mycket said...

We're not USU fans, Julie.

stargazer said...

this has got to be your all time best post!!!! Go for it!!

Emily N. said...

You are absolutely freakish about football...and I LOVE it!!! Have a fabulous time at the game. I'll be watching for you. :)

Mycket said...

Em - I know. Even my own brother said that he zones out when I start going on about football, but I am unapologetic. :)

Hayley's Comment said...

I love them all!