Ok, so Michael Vick was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles late yesterday afternoon. I was SOOOOO upset last night, but now I kinda am ok. No one can know what is going to happen. There are too many factors here. 1) He has to get into football shape. 2) He has to be eligible BEFORE McNabb hurts himself this year – which frankly, could be at any minute.
I don't mind so much the media distractions - we had T.O. But as long as Vick isn't a distraction in the locker room (which T.O. was and Vick might not be), then I think I am OK with it.
Not that he isn't a horrible person, but there are worse people in the world AND in the NFL. My heck, Stallworth KILLED a PERSON and he’s still in the NFL. Vick could be really trying to turn around. And who doesn't want a second chance? I am ok with that.
Plus, the possibilities of what can happen if Vick and McNabb are on the field at the same time are pretty exciting. Reid could be a genius or an idiot. Time will tell.
Either way, I still bleed green. Fly, Eagles, Fly!
6 comments:
I am excited about Vick, the man paid his debt. This is is profession and who are we to deny a man his livelihood.
I agree - it's not the question of a second chance. It's his skill level I'm worried about. :)
Well, he did serve his time, but he still needs to do something to show that he did a horrible thing. He shouldn't be able to just go back into football, after he was kicked out for life! All this is showing is that someone can do a horrible act, serve time and then go back into the world as if nothing has ever happened. He should have to work with Betty White to show that he's a better person, if he really is a better person.
I'm in total agreement! Some people drive drunk and kill someone on accident and and get three months. The guy did his time (I don't condone what he has done but there is much worse things that someone could do as you pointed out)! I'm sure PITA or whoever those animal protectors people will be at every game picketing...but he's good and least I hope he will get in shape and be awesome for your sake Carren! Go Eagles for Carren and go Seahawks for Hayley! haha
We had people in our tailgate (big dog lovers and decades long season ticket holders) that were ready to hand in their season tickets had The Danny made Vick a Redskin. I'm glad they didn't bring him to Washington, but I'm not sure how I would have reacted had they done it. The Danny has brought in his share of knuckleheads, but it sort of goes with the territory of the NFL. That said, it will be fun to taunt come late October. (Vick's an Eagle hide your beagle.)
HAHHAAA - I have to give you credit for that, Shawn. That's pretty funny. If I don't hear it from you at least once this season, I will be disapointed.
Post a Comment