Nov 30, 2008

Sunday Confession 26

Recently, I had the inclination to stalk someone I had a MASSIVE crush on about 5 years ago (Stalk = googled). I liked this guy A LOT. When we first met, I got the giggles and wasn't able to mutter a complete sentence. We soon became friends and hung out often before he met some chick (intern, of course) and got married 26 minutes later and moved to Utah.

In the course of my covert information gathering (that lasted all of 7 minutes), within the first 2 minutes, I found their family blog, (because I am convinced that only Mormons blog now). While reading, I felt fully relieved. Not that I was in any way shape or form, going to end up with this guy, but I discovered that he is now living that Beige Utah life that is one of my greatest fears. Complete with The Beige House and The Beige Carpet and The Beige Walls, The Beige Furniture and The Beige Wife and even The Beige Baby showcased in occasional sepia-toned professional family photos. Blah. Can you get more generic?

And I was grateful that I had somehow dodged a bullet. Besides, what good are blogs without the satisfaction of judgement from afar?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That's one more thing to be thankful for this holiday season!

You could never live like that.

Malissa said...

hehehe. Isn't the internet great! Ditto to Melissa.

Freddy said...

I love it! Do I know this guy?

Mycket said...

Freddy - I don't think so. I think this was during the divorce.