Nov 18, 2008

Top 5: Reasons why I am smarter than the American Public.

I have managed to become rather judgemental for someone without a high school diploma AND rather elitist for someone without a masters degree or PhD. It's a fine line I'm walking, but I am sure that the following tidbits do make me smarter than Joe the Plumber:

1) This American Life is the best kind of reality TV (and radio).
2) Major League Baseball is hella boring.
3) Arrested Development, Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies (not cancelled yet) and Freaks and Geeks were some of the best shows on TV and they were cancelled for DUMB replacement shows .
4) I recognize (and tried to do something about) the fact that having the Executive Branch and both chambers of Congress (and soon enough the judicial branch) run by the same political party is a recipe for corruption and disaster. No one wants to to govern from the middle, but it is better for the country in the long run. Period.
5) I would NEVER let my child wear those skatey wheelie shoes - they are a public nuisance.

2 comments:

Julie said...

m with you on those skatey wheelie shoes, I don't think anything makes me more angry.

Julie said...

I mean't to say I'm not m, but since you are smarter than the American public, I am sure you figured that out on your own. :) loves!