Nov 28, 2008

Yuletidiness

I am SUPER into Christmas this year. I am not sure why this year has exploded in Christmas good cheer over all the others. I started listening to Christmas music weeks ago and started making Christmas cards in October and I'm 90% done with my shopping. Most importantly, I have learned a lot of lessons in hope and gratitude lately and I am feeling the Christmas spirit - big time.

So I ran home after Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday (which was FANTASTIC - thanks, Julie and Jason!) and started decorating. It was so fun to decorate my own place! I don't have a lot of stuff, but what little do have I love. I think it's very me and classic. I DO have tons of lights, but am firmly anti-colored lights. So at the risk of exposing my home for burglary, here are some photos (note the watching of The Christmas Story):

4 comments:

The Spencers said...

WOW, love how you decorated!!! It looks so festive and classy!! I wish I could put my tree up right now, but I think it would be destroyed long before christmas!!! Oh well!! Hope your doing good!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous!!!! You did a great job.
I think one thing is missing: a santa hanging from a rope on the doorknob. Or Rudolph, perhaps?
You could go so many ways.

Despite that one oversight, the place is beautiful! I love your apartment, too.

Susan said...

Wow, I had no idea you had such decorating talent. It all looks great. I love the golden glow from white lights - colored ones just don't have the same effect.

Malissa said...

I agree with you, I love the white lights too. You place looks great! Love your tree!