Nov 19, 2008

Rise and Shout

There are only 3 days left until the BYU/Utah game on Saturday at 6:00pm eastern time. I am an anxiety-filled wreck.

This game means EVERYTHING. If we win, we can possibly jump Utah in the standings, securing a BCS bowl and not have to go to the Las Vegas Bowl again. As well as claim half of the Mountain West Conference Title for the third straight year (although we've won it outright the past two, going undefeated in conference play.)
However, if we lose, we could lose what we (yes, I'm including myself) have worked for most of the season - could drop into the 20s in the BCS standings, Utah would get a BCS bowl, TCU could get the Las Vegas Bowl and BYU would get....I don't even know what BYU would get that's how bad it would be. We would spend the whole season ranked as one of the top 20 teams in the country and we could possibly get bupkiss come the end of December.

This thought keeps me awake at night. Literally. I am not sleeping; I pace the floors worried about defense and sloppy play that produces penalties. And Brian Johnson and Austin Collie's inability to catch a ball with no one around him, and generally seeing red (and not just on my eyeballs.)

I am AMPED up for this game. Please do not call me during the game (we're most likely going to be at the Sports Pub in case you were wondering. UPDATE: We will NOT be at the Sports Pub. I just found out that a group of UofU law school jerks rented a whole room. UofU fans are annoying enough, let alone law school jerks. I am not sure where we will be watching the game now. ACK!) and if we lose, let me mourn in peace on Sunday.

1 comment:

Malissa said...

sooooooooo exciting!!!! you're such a great fan!