As you'll remember from my recent whinings, my suitcase has been missing for over two months. Scratch that - WAS missing! They found my suitcase! 'They' NOT being that lazy group of do-nothings over at United Airlines.
On Halloween, a sweet, wonderful person called saying that they ('they' being Great Lakes Airlines - who knew there was such a company? I didn't!) had found my bag in Rock Springs, Wyoming. My old business card was still attached to the bag, so they left a message with my old office! My bag had been sitting in Wyoming for two whole months!
I was absolutely convinced that by now, my luggage, or whatever was left of it, had been pillaged and was left lying on the side of the road somewhere in Brazil. Nope. It was just sitting in this tiny little airport in Wyoming and one day Tina looked at it and thought 'I wonder why this has been sitting here for two months' and called the number on the bag. That's ALL it took. Stupid United Airlines couldn't be bothered to look for it.
Needless to say, I literally did a happy dance at work. My mom called the little old lady at the Rock Springs airport to thank her. Someone else answered the phone and knew exactly what she was talking about because apparently there are 4 people that work there. They put the bag on a flight and it arrived that night and shockingly, EVERYTHING was just as I had packed it. Not a thing had been touched, the lock still on the case and everything. Courtney was over when it was delivered and she'll tell you I was like a little kid on Christmas. "My necklace! My jeans! My 5 hour Energy drink! My underwear - I have more underwear!!" It was fantastic. Happy Day! I've sent Miss Marchane Hunt of the Rock Springs, Wyoming airport and Great Lakes Airlines thank you cards.
I have missed my stuff SO much, daily even. And the thought of having to go out and buy new stuff just made me very tired. But now I don't have to go buy anything else because I have it all back! 'All' being: Small make up case, large make up case, 5 bottles of 5 hour energy drink (it works. Really), Allergy meds, Rain jacket (that I bought the DAY before they lost my luggage), blackberry charger, camera charger, ipod car adaptor, tiffany's neckalce, rare beaded necklace, three pairs of earrings, Face wash, astringent, Moisturizer, Cotton balls, Swabs, Foot scrub, Aloe socks, Mousse, Hair dryer, Brush, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Prescription Drugs, Tampons, Hairspray, 3 pairs of flip flops, running shoes, new batteries, Walkie talkies, 3 swimsuits (one of which was Hayley's), Hayley's tee shirt, Flower skirt, 2 pairs of jeans, Jean shorts, MY EYEGLASSES that I love!, White shirt, Red shirt, BYU Shirt (that my sister gave me and I had never worn), Grey long sleeve shirt, Brown long sleeve shirt, Brown stripe shirt (I bought all three of these for the trip), Blue shirt, 6 pairs of underwears, Famed BYU Sweatshirt, 2 pairs of pajama pants, 2 pajama shirts tee shirts, two headbands and makeup remover. Whew.
Although, the ABSOLUTE best part is: two days later I got a check in the mail for $1,500 from United. They finally got around to settling my claim and sent the check before the found the bag. I'm keeping the money for 'pain and suffering' and put it in my 'I'm going to Sweden come hell or high water' fund. WHOO HOO!
On Halloween, a sweet, wonderful person called saying that they ('they' being Great Lakes Airlines - who knew there was such a company? I didn't!) had found my bag in Rock Springs, Wyoming. My old business card was still attached to the bag, so they left a message with my old office! My bag had been sitting in Wyoming for two whole months!I was absolutely convinced that by now, my luggage, or whatever was left of it, had been pillaged and was left lying on the side of the road somewhere in Brazil. Nope. It was just sitting in this tiny little airport in Wyoming and one day Tina looked at it and thought 'I wonder why this has been sitting here for two months' and called the number on the bag. That's ALL it took. Stupid United Airlines couldn't be bothered to look for it.
Needless to say, I literally did a happy dance at work. My mom called the little old lady at the Rock Springs airport to thank her. Someone else answered the phone and knew exactly what she was talking about because apparently there are 4 people that work there. They put the bag on a flight and it arrived that night and shockingly, EVERYTHING was just as I had packed it. Not a thing had been touched, the lock still on the case and everything. Courtney was over when it was delivered and she'll tell you I was like a little kid on Christmas. "My necklace! My jeans! My 5 hour Energy drink! My underwear - I have more underwear!!" It was fantastic. Happy Day! I've sent Miss Marchane Hunt of the Rock Springs, Wyoming airport and Great Lakes Airlines thank you cards.I have missed my stuff SO much, daily even. And the thought of having to go out and buy new stuff just made me very tired. But now I don't have to go buy anything else because I have it all back! 'All' being: Small make up case, large make up case, 5 bottles of 5 hour energy drink (it works. Really), Allergy meds, Rain jacket (that I bought the DAY before they lost my luggage), blackberry charger, camera charger, ipod car adaptor, tiffany's neckalce, rare beaded necklace, three pairs of earrings, Face wash, astringent, Moisturizer, Cotton balls, Swabs, Foot scrub, Aloe socks, Mousse, Hair dryer, Brush, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Prescription Drugs, Tampons, Hairspray, 3 pairs of flip flops, running shoes, new batteries, Walkie talkies, 3 swimsuits (one of which was Hayley's), Hayley's tee shirt, Flower skirt, 2 pairs of jeans, Jean shorts, MY EYEGLASSES that I love!, White shirt, Red shirt, BYU Shirt (that my sister gave me and I had never worn), Grey long sleeve shirt, Brown long sleeve shirt, Brown stripe shirt (I bought all three of these for the trip), Blue shirt, 6 pairs of underwears, Famed BYU Sweatshirt, 2 pairs of pajama pants, 2 pajama shirts tee shirts, two headbands and makeup remover. Whew.
Although, the ABSOLUTE best part is: two days later I got a check in the mail for $1,500 from United. They finally got around to settling my claim and sent the check before the found the bag. I'm keeping the money for 'pain and suffering' and put it in my 'I'm going to Sweden come hell or high water' fund. WHOO HOO!
2 comments:
Congrats on the good news!!!!!!!!! See all it takes is one person paying attention to make a difference. Wow, you really had an accounting of your stuff in the post. I would have been like Drugs, cloths, make-up and other stuff. That is so awesome, congrats againn
That is absolutely WONDERFUL!! I lost my cell phone at the SLC airport in Sept. I had totally given up hope of ever getting it back, but your post has re-kindled the flicker. maybe...someone there will notice? please....
Post a Comment