Oct 23, 2008

Of all the things United Airlines has lost, I miss my luggage the most

As you've read in Totally Awesome Vacation: Nova Scotia Day 6/Seattle Day 1, the actual trip to Seattle was anything other than Totally Awesome. It was a painfully long flight made worse knowing that my luggage would not be there when we landed. I mean, how on earth do you manage to lose luggage in less than 5 minutes from check-in?

So, it's been over 7 weeks and I STILL do not have my bag back. On almost a daily basis I discover something else that was in the bag that I need and it's just starting to piss me off. The perfect camisole that I loved and now I can't wear half my clothes without it. Or my eye glasses. I LOVED my eye glasses. They were super cute and although I usually wear contacts, it's nice not to have to every once in a while. Or the BYU sweatshirt that I've worn to every BYU game I've attended for 6 years (except for the Washington game, obviously) Or the hair dyer that just worked better than the one I had to get in Seattle so I could simply go to work when I got back.

Why is it that we take our nicer stuff with us on vacation? Who are we trying to fool? I go on vacation with the people that know (and hopefully love) me the best. Rain or shine, hell or high water, those people don't care whether or not I wear the same clothes for 4 days in a row (which, as it just so happened, I did.)

One thing is for sure, the people at United Airlines sure don't try very hard to find things. 7 weeks! You've got to be freaking kidding me!

No comments: