I am totally inconsolable about the Cougar's Thursday loss to TCU. I was so upset the entire game and haven't been able to stop thinking about it the entire weekend, dreading the polls this afternoon. As soon as the game was over I told my sister that we would drop to 18 in the polls and sure enough - there we sit.Utah AND TCU are now ahead of us and we're down three spots from where we started the season. We hadn't lost a game since September of 2007 - the nation's longest winning streak of 16 games...gone. We haven't lost to a conference opponent since 2005 and now there's a chance that we won't get the Las Vegas bowl, let alone a BCS bowl. It's AWFUL and we blew it at the worst possible moment. PLUS, based on the strength (or lack thereof) of our remaining schedule, it's going to be difficult to climb back up. We MUST win the rest of our games to have any sort of chance at a post season - which includes a difficult win against the now 12th ranked Utes. IN Salt Lake. This is just awful.
I once read that you can always tell a Cougar fan because we think that we never 'lose.' It's always the ref's fault (especially PAC 10 refs) or that we gave the game away with penalties and sloppy play. But we never lose because another team is better. I usually hold true to that, but after Thursday's loss, I can honestly say we were beaten. BAD. Inconsolable.
1 comment:
we can relate, it was not a good night in the Brady household!
Post a Comment