Aug 29, 2008

Totally Awesome Vacation: Nova Scotia! Day 1

After working until almost midnight last night and getting only 2 hours sleep, we're now in Nova Scotia!

I'm REALLY REALLY excited for this trip. I need time to not think about my stupid job or look at my messy apartment or be stuck in beltway traffic. I think that's what is usally called a vacation, right??

But mostly I'm excited to spend time with these three beloved friends. Who love me for who I am and even who I am not. Who go out of their way to hunt down the best birthday presents. Who know that I am grumpy generally and am even more so without sleep and still want to spend their vacation time driving around a random island with me (and the necessary 6 pack of "5 hour energy drink"). And of course are some of the best people I've ever met. That's not just a vacation. That's the best time ever!

Courtney,Tristan and I spent the late afternoon exploring what we could of downtown Halifax, (not much) before picking Hayley up at the airport from Seattle a little after midnight. We then drove 90 minutes to the tiny port of Caribou, NS for tomorrow's leg of Totally Awesome Vacation: Nova Scotia!


Picture of the Day: My best good buddies (Tristy, Court and HT)

1 comment:

Maursupial said...

Whooo Hoooo!!! I know you'll have so much fun. You totally deserve a vacation.