While Tristy, Court and I grew up loving the books and especially the movies, Hayley (who always LOVES everything) was just discovering them in preparation of this trip.
We got off the ferry and drove the length of the gorgeous island to Cavendish. Three of us have never been, but we all agree that PEI is what Ireland looks like in our heads. Hayley, who has been, agrees. Gentle hills, farmland spotted with neat, vibrant, but small houses and the most amazing vibrant green EVERYWHERE. I took off my shoes and walked through a patch of grass- it was fantastic!
WE went to Cavendish, the insipration for Avonlea, which thouroghly charming and quaint. It wasn't spectacular or amazing, but it meant a lot because we had all of these buildings and areas in our imaginations and it did not disappoint.
We then went to a local restaurant where we ate WAY too much with an all you can eat 60 foot salad, soda and dessert bar that came with our lobster and steak. Tonight, we're in Charlottetown PEI, to get in some time at the hotel pool and hot tub and get a good night's sleep. We're EXHAUSTED!!
Picture of the day: Avonlea's residents (Front, L-R: Miss Stacey, Gilbert Blythe, Anne Shirley, Diana Berry, Rachel Lind. Back, L-R: Matthew, Marila, Moody) pose for a photo after hosting us in their quaint village all day.
1 comment:
I am so, so jealous. You met Anne on the 100th anniversary of the book! She's holding up quite well, now that I think about it.
Post a Comment