A friend's Googletalk tag line this afternoon read "Feeling Peace." At the moment I read it, I was at work and just sat down for the first time in what felt like all day. I was out of breath because I had to run around searching for my MIA boss (with the walking pneumonia, even turning around in my chair knocks the wind out of me) and I had another 2 hours of work left.
I was caught completely off guard by her statement. How in the world did she know that? What does that mean? I don't remember the last time, if ever, I have ever thought to myself: "I am at peace in this moment." My mind just doesn't work like that. I have felt quiet (also a rare occurrence), I have felt calm (usually when...actually, I have no idea when). Maybe in those few minutes before I fall asleep? Nope. My mind is usually racing until my medication kicks in and I pass out. It's the physical/mental equivalent of hitting a brick wall. Just ask anyone who has been talking to me when that happens. Peaceful? Not so much. There is something wrong with this picture.
I need to figure out how to make room for that in my life. Or at least find a way to be still every once in a while. I was totally jealous of my friend, Arianne. 5:30pm on a Wednesday and she was at peace.
1 comment:
Too funny. A few of my friends can attest to what it is like talking to me when 'the medicine kicks in and I pass out.' It's shameful really.
Post a Comment