Hello! I am back and blogging. The blog is updated and shiney (check out the playlist. I'm currently obsessed with Duffy and will set aside NKOTB - for the time being...)
So here we go:
I have a number of addictions including:
1. IKEA
2. My Blackberry
3. Diet Coke / Mt. Dew - Mt. Dew has been an increasing issue since starting my new job.
I am not ashamed of these things, but considering the amount of time and money I waste on them, I probably should be. But now I am in real trouble. Now I have stumbled across the most addictive thing of all - My DVR.
I am wasting my whole life on shockingly large amounts of crappy TV that I never would have watched 5 months ago - all because I can forward through the commercials. Between poorly acted British historical drama/comedies, movies I always meant to watch in 1992, entire seasons of Rick Steves (of which I already own all the DVDs - but I can't stop myself from taping them), addictive dance reality shows, anything to do with the Philadelphia Eagles, documentaries on obscure topics that I find fascinating such as life on a nuclear class aircraft carrier, Scrubs..... I am watching a LOT of TV.
When I come home from a hard day at a job that I am still struggling to settle in to, my TV seems to call to me: "Hello! I am so glad you are home! I was thinking about you earlier this afternoon when this Mark Wahlberg movie came on, so I taped it for you. I hope you enjoy it." I'm 31, living without someone else monopolizing the remote for the first time and my TV treats me better than my last date. Who can say no to that?? This new audio/visual drug disturbs me, but probably less than it should.
3 comments:
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!! I've missed you!!!
Don't forget: I love you more than your DVR loves you!
I second Meliss when I say "Hooray! You're blogging again!" I loved this post. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I don't have a DVR, but my Netflix subscription and the scouring of YouTube in search of Doctor Who Season 4 have a similar ring. The boys in the box never dissappoint the way the three dimensional ones do. Sigh.
Yeah your back!!! I was beginning to worry!!! Had to laugh at your post. After the kids go to bed (7pm) I could do a whole bunch of things but I agree with you my TV calls to me!!!! I veg in front of it and enjoy relaxing!! Hope things are going good with your new job.
Post a Comment