Admission: I scan my college newspaper every week in an effort to read 'Police Beat.'
Police Beat is just an excuse for a group of sexually frustrated, completely sober, college kids doing their damnedest to get into the "newspaper" for being "bad." I know. I was one of them.
This particular week is the perfect example. I will grant that it is less exciting than usual, but it is summer time. So check out this one near the end of winter semester when the students started freaking out: htttp://newnewsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/68279
I am also looking forward to the events that might transpire around Education Week at the end of August, when the spawn of the devil (i.e. old people who love hot fudge more than life itself) descend on the Provo campus - things could get really crazy. I know. I was there. Guess which one of these events if my favorite: http://newnewsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/67440
Police Beat = Reasons why I love AND hate BYU
8 comments:
Ahh...I love Police Beat. Good ole BYU - ya just gotta love it!
I don't know which was your favorite, but mine was the counterfeit $20 that wasn't. I LOVE police beat. My favorite one from my time at the Y was "A vehicle was broken into in the parking lot near the law school yesterday. 20 cds, 6 of which were by Sting, were stolen." The secret is in the details.
omigosh, I haven't read police beat since I left that place. Sooo different from WVU. I think these are my faves so far:
"A blind deer was found by a resident at the Wymount Terrace. Provo Animal Control was called and they came and took care of the animal. They knew it was blind because it was running into things." --The quick logic is astounding.
"Someone called in about a suspicious male in the WSC. The suspect had long, blonde hair and a goatee. It turned out he had lost his camera and came in to see if it was brought to the Lost & Found, police said." --a dude with long hair AND a goatee? Of course he looked suspicious!
I forget sometimes what a completely different world we lived in at the BYU. Students riding bikes inside (sounds like good clean fun to me); EFYers gone wild...wow. I'm totally bookmarking police beat.
I have to say, I'm a little disappointed that Sodi Mama antics never made police beat.
Hey glad your still alive. Sounds like you are doing great. I have been having many missionary memories now that we are here in Argentina where Thayer served. Made me miss you more. Sarah
Okay, I just read the other day you highlighted. I'd guess this one is your fave? It's mine!
"Feb. 8: A suspicious red vehicle was reported in a parking lot near LaVell Edwards Stadium. Upon being questioned the couple sitting in the car claimed that they were just studying."
heh, heh, heh.
Man, those BYU students will rat you out at the drop of a hat!!
Good times! Good times had by all! But no, folks, this one was my favorite: Feb 11: A female Wymount resident received a suspicious phone call in her home at 1:30 p.m. The male caller claimed to be from the psychology department and said he could try to help her relax. He got her to turn off the lights and lay down on her bed. The phone call ended when the girl's cell phone battery died. BYU Police told her she should notify her phone company next time she receives a call so that they can trace it.
The phone call only ended when her cell phone died?? DUDE. He got you to turn off the lights and lay down! You didn't think that was weird and hang up then?? People can be so dumb.
Sodi Mamas! I haven't thought of that in YEARS! WHOOO HOO!
Not having attended BYU I was unaware of this Police Beat you speak of. I don't believe we had one at Weber. It's pretty hillarious...they could have this stuff on Reno 911 :D BYU is much more of a different world than I ever imagined.
Post a Comment