Jul 11, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel

There are 22 days left until the NFL preseason starts. And just let me say giddy-up! It has been a long, hard off-season for me. I bet if I wasn't starting a new job during the combines and moving during the NFL draft, this whole thing would have gone a lot better. A few housekeeping items I need to share:

1. Sit down, Brett Favre. If there is anything George Costanza and Michael Jordan should have taught you, it is to leave on a high note. Don't put the Packers in the position of asking them to hold down the growth of Aaron Rogers or the team as a whole just because you waffle more than IHOP.
And definitely DO NOT force them to trade you to a division rival, all three of which are desperate for a decent QB (Chicago Bears or Detroit Lions anyone?). Or worse, a NFC rival that you could possibly face in a play off run. If you cared at all about the team that built you up into an icon, man up and sit down.

2. God bless Amazon.com! My 2008 Pro Football Prospectus arrived a day early and $1.47 cheaper than originally charged. Here's to hours and hours of late nights breaking down the nuances of the 3-3-5 defense. Also, in it they predict that the Eagles have a 77% chance of making the Superbowl - which is kind of a stretch, but at least I'm not the only one praying for it. Good times!

3. Check out my boys! They are really going to rock this year! SOOOOO exciting! Yes, I am going to be making the annual pilgrimage to somewhere to watch the Cougars play - I'll surprise you as to where. Watch for the blog posts! :)

1 comment:

Maursupial said...

I'm so excited for the upcoming Cougar season!! My dad gave me first choice for tickets! He has season tickets and buys an extra one so that we can go with him. I think I'm going to take UCLA. Of course, he's letting me choose first after last year when he gave the Utah tickets to my BROTHER who never ever attended the Y. I threw a big stink and there you go.