Jul 15, 2009

Totally Awesome Vacation: Has anyone seen....anyone? Anyone?

Over the July 4th weekend, I went up to Boston to visit Tristan, hang out at the beach, and watch the fireworks over the Charles River while listening to Neil Diamond sing "Keep Coming to America" as I silently cry. And then go to the beach again. In that order.

I had a GREAT weekend. As always, it was super fun to hang out with Trist, relax and read. I very much enjoy Boston and it's blue collar and down-to-earth feel. But it was also fun to escape to Cape Ann and Cape Cod.

During travels with The Little Truckers we play a game, that is a little sophomoric at best, but entertains us endlessly. Whenever we see something completely obvious and usually obnoxious, one of us chimes in (usually HT) with a "I'm looking for xxx... Has anyone seen xxx... Anyone? Anyone?"

So as a quick rundown of the trip: Has anyone seen...

An awesome/creepy fog that swept into Marblehead, MA while it was 75 degrees out.

An island just off a great beach. (This was AFTER the awesome/creepy fog lifted. It was so dense that as we were trying to park it on the beach, we had no idea where the ocean actually was. So the little island was a fantastic surprise.)
Unholy Beasts at the beach (There is a great story that goes with this. But its not my story, so look forward to a guest blog from Tristan eventually!)

An adorable coastal town's Horribles Parade (complete with a very excited State Senator, sleeves rolled up and kissing babies. It was fantastic.)

A flocked leopard print vespa helmet worn worn by rich woman 'slumming' it in an adorable coastal town (I couldn't get to the camera fast enough)
People gathered, patriotic style, to celebrate the 4th of July. (It warms my heart until they get in my personal space and then it just pisses me off.)

Baked Cheetos. Seriously, anyone seen them? If not, check with Tristy.

Awesome fireworks.

Neil Diamond. Seriously. Anyone? We didn't see him as we weren't in the amphitheater, but we could hear him just fine.

A sunburn.

No, not that one. Mine. (I refuse to show you, but sufficeth to say, it looks something like this):


Good times. Good times.

7 comments:

BYU Loser said...

May I just say that the leathery-old woman picture is probably THE most grotesque picture I have ever seen. I threw up in my mouth. And that is saying a lot since I have worked with cadavers.

#5 2009 comment.

Mycket said...

Congrats, Janna. You've now commented on my blog more than you have posted on your own. I think that means I now own your blog... Which might be handy while you are gone.

Hayley's Comment said...

I'm also throwing up. I was thinking it was a brown leather outfit...It distracted me from the rest of your blog entry. But I am jealous of Neil Diamond and THE CAPES! I just got you and T's awesome post card. It's on my fridge reminding me of you often!

Mycket said...

I know it's gross and distracting, but seriously. If we were to see that on one of our trips, that's exactly what we would say! Although maybe it would be: "I'm looking for a leather bag. Anyone seen a leather bag? Anyone?"

Melissa said...

I am so jealous that you heard Neil Diamond! How freakin' fun! Sounds like a great trip...minus the leather bag. ew.

Fattastic said...

Wish I could've been there. I heart Mr. Diamond. His concert last summer was one of the greatest nights of my life!...also totally grossed out by the leather lady. Sick!

L said...

I think I made the same face as the little boy when I saw the "leather bag" lady. Gross. I'm also looking forward to hearing the story of the "Unholy Beasts" as that sentiment cracks me up!