Jan 12, 2009

Top 5: Episodes of The Office

One of my favorite writers is Nick Hornby. He wrote 'High Fidelity', 'Fever Pitch', 'About A Boy' and many others, but you should recognize those names from the charming movies based on his novels.

I do love his writing. He's quirky, he loves music and he loves lists. All kinds of lists. In High Fidelity, he has 'Top Fives' - of everything. And I think that I am going to do some of that here on the blog.

I'm starting with my top five favorite episodes of The Office. (Mostly this came about because I decided to watch every episode of The Office during the holiday break. Which turned out to be something like 30+ hours of TV watching in just a few days. A major feat, but nothing compared to the year that I watched all 7 seasons of The West Wing. Either way, in the immortal words of Maury, "Merry Christmas to me, dammit.")

So here you go - Top Five Episodes of The Office
5. The Negotiation
4. Dinner Party
3. Gay Witch Hunt
2. The Injury
1. Branch Wars

Also, as a side note, I am in love with Jim...and Pam. It's weird.

2 comments:

Maursupial said...

First of all, thanks for the quote. I'm particularly fond of that one. Secondly, I'll have to disagree on this list. "The Booze Cruise" is WAAAAAY up on my list. "The Injury" is definitely on my list too, though.

I Love love love Jim and Pam. I know some people are sick of them, but I am not one of them.

Mycket said...

Comeon, Maurs! Hello! The Negotiation?! Michael tries to get a raise while wearing a woman's suit?! Priceless.