May 5, 2010

Top 5 Random thoughts from the drive to work this morning

1) "I am pretty sure I have eczema now. AWE. SOME."

(Written with as much sarcasm as the letters on my keyboard could possibly muster.) I turn 33 and everything falls apart. I have had two rather severe flareups in the past two weeks (see reference photo below.) I have an official appointment with the dermatologist on Monday, but that is sure a crude way to be welcomed to my mid-thirties.

2) "I am about 90% sure I am going to paint the living room wall on Saturday."

I am pretty excited about it. I could use a little pick-me-up and it will make a world of difference in my very, very large living room. I started with 4 color options and now have made my choice - but I am wondering what you all think - which one would you like? (HT - you should be proud - they are all Martha Stewart Paints.)

1 2 3 4

You'll see the results in the photo of the day. This week, I am taking pictures of my favorite parts of my entry way. I might end up painting that wall with the record album frames on it, too.

3) "If Tim McGraw and Faith Hill ever break up, I will lose ALL hope in love."

I have had this thought/discussion many times. But it still holds true.

4) "I can be tolerant about all sorts of things in a man. Divorced? We all make mistakes. Poor grammar? Gulp - I will TRY. But a Ute Fan? Nope - Deal breaker. Thank you Liz Lemon."

5) "I don't believe in Settling Soul Mates."

Again, a Liz Lemon special. On a recent episode of 30 Rock, Liz Lemon runs into her "future husband" and he asks her to grow old with him — in separate bedrooms. You see, Liz meets this man while they were both totally drugged out in the dentist's office. She enters him into her iPhone as "future husband " and he inputs her deets as "future wife," but later, while meeting sober, they realize they don't actually hit it off. She, in fact, wants to punch him in the face. A feeling I have experienced quite a bit recently in the dating world.

The universe doesn't seem to care though, the cruel mistress that it is, and Liz continues to run into "future husband" everywhere...And you have this clip here:
Later, she finally tells him that she can do better and will hold out for true love. I have got to stick to this belief or I am going to go mad. I have to hold out for something greater...later.

9 comments:

L said...

Hold. Out. You deserve nothing less than the best.

My favorite paint color is #1, and Jackson just told me he likes #3 best.

stargazer said...

Well, I guess if you see a gay friend, riding a foot cycle, run into the back of a taxi, in NYC AT night, you may want to think about it. Otherwise NO WAY!
I was going to say #3. Jacko you have good taste.
Ezema (or however you spell it) on the nose is better than a boil on the........

Mycket said...

Hahhaaaa. Thanks guys. Mom, there is a difference between British and gay. :) he wasn't really gay. She would just make him look less so. Even then, I don't think I would have to think about it very long.

ejnorton said...

Greater later--very sage advice from 30 Rock. I'm a believer!

Unknown said...

My ezcema has been really bad this year too :( Just in time to go to Miami this weekend! I don't think I'll be wearing a swimsuit.

Mycket said...

E - OF COURSE you are a believer! You landed a completely awesome and totally amazing guy...later. I know I should see this as inspriation, but sometimes it's hard to see the stars from the gutter.
Tiff- let's talk about this after my Dr.s appointment on Monday. I have lots of questions.

Hayley's Comment said...

HOLD OUT!

I like number 2 the best. Hand down. And I am glad they are all MS. You are learning.

Mycket said...

HT- what I said to E goes for you double

ejnorton said...

Boy do I know about struggling to see the stars. I think we have both seen a number of "winners" in our single lives. sigh... the latest seems like a real "winner" to me with all of amazing lack of maturity.

I wish I could set you up. But then I think, "I HATED the set ups in so many ways."

I wish I had words of inspiration for you, but you really don't need words. You need an incredible guy who loves all the wonderful things about you! So no words. Just great hope and faith for you. :)