I am this <->close to giving up on blogging all together and replacing posts with regular quotes and clips of Liz Lemon from 30 Rock. Because, let's face it, she says what we're all thinking. IN FACT, I think I am going to give good ol' Liz Lemon her own label, yessiree. I am calling it "Mind Grapes" and if you don't get it, well, you're just not in the in-crowd and you should rent season 1. Nay, just buy seasons 1-3.
What has brought on this latest dialectic rant? Liz once again hit the sweet, sore, spot of being a single woman in her thirties on a recent episode. A few weeks ago, Liz "nuts up" and finally stops saying what she doesn't want in a man and opening up to saying what she does want. Outloud. GASP.
“But I’ll tell you what I do want. I want someone who will be monogamous and nice to his mother. I want someone who likes musicals, but knows to just shut his mouth when I’m watching Lost. I want someone who thinks being really into cars is lame and strip clubs are gross. I want someone who will actually empty the dishwasher instead of just taking out forks as needed, like I do. I want someone with clean hands and feet and beefy forearms like a damn Disney Prince. And I want him to genuinely like me. Even when I’m old. And that’s what I want.”
It's a sweet moment that is followed up with a shot to the crotch with a dodge ball. I love this show.
5 comments:
Thank you friend. Thank you. That Liz quote is one of my favorite things I've ever heard, and i wanted to stand up and cheer, alone in my apartment.
Yeah Liz, and yeah you.
I had NO idea what I've been missing. I'm embarrassed to admit that Scott and I just started watching season one this week. I've never heard Scott and Dallin laugh so hard. It's been fun.
Maurs - I think I did stand up and cheer, just before the tears started falling. :)
L - it just gets better and better. You'll love it, too.
And gosh darn it you deserve what you want!
I LOVE LIZ LEMON!! I actually just starting watching season 1 and it's amazing! She is hilarious and I loved that scene. She is great at telling it how it is and is so awkward about it, I love it.
(... and commenting on another post, I think we've talked about this before, but of course, my middle name is Ann as well.)
Post a Comment