Apr 6, 2009

Top 5: Spring Blog Cleaning

Talking to HT this afternoon, she urged me to be better about posting. My problem is that I want every little post to be long and thoughtful and wickedly funny. But most days I am not any of those things, except maybe long-winded. So it's time for some blog entry housekeeping:

... I just landed sweet club seats for the U2 concert here in September. I am pretty excited about that. And Stephanie and I are trying to go to another NKOTB show. At least one more this summer.

...I might be the world's worst sick person. My friend, Will, is the world's worst sick person, but I come in a close second. I HATE being sick. I fear the day when I might have kids and I get sick. They're going to be on their own at that point.

...There is nothing that happens quite as slowly and painfully as the musical montages in "Cold Case" (Also see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo4-D8mjDb4)

...While heavily drugged, I have some whacked out, vivid and remarkably detailed dreams. Last week, while I was taking my 6:30-8:30pm nap, I dreamt I was the daughter-in-law to a crazed serial killer who, for all intents and purposes, was totally normal until his psychotic fits of violence were brought on by one of two things: Mickey Mouse and/or the smell of honey roasted peanuts. It may have been either one or both at the same time. I wasn't quite sure. Plus I didn't know that this was happening until I found a woman named Kelly dismembered in my bathroom (I very clearly remember the feeling of...stuff...on my feet) and then I realized that this dude, 'Grandpa', had my kids that afternoon. I took off in my mini-cooper to go find them while freaking out about all the possible situations in which they might encounter honey roasted peanuts or Mickey Mouse and realizing that there are more of those situations than one might think and then I woke up.


...Finally, from the world of WTW (What The What?), I bring you this:

What the what??? How does a kid go from that to THAT?

I love "About A Boy", one of my favorite movies ever (doesn't hurt that Nick Hornby is one of my favorite authors ever), but Nicholas Hoult is now the UK's answer to Zac Efron. He stars on their version of Gossip Girl (which is much better and I say this with conviction because I don't even watch Gossip Girl.) Now, we all know that I loves me some Efron, but I am just having a hard time reconciling these pictures of Nicholas Hoult...I am both weirded out and strangely intrigued.

And no, Maurs, I am not ashamed. I'm just sayin!

3 comments:

Freddy said...

I don't think Will is the worst sick person. Morris has them all beat. It is scarry when he gets sick.

Anonymous said...

Ah........he looks like a child porno star. Someone that is being investigated on NCIS, which by the way, I saw an old episode the other day that had Efron on it as a high school kid who got caught out in the field drinking. It was not a singing part.

Jillian said...

I am equal parts disturbed and intrigued by the "About a Boy" boy.