My grandmother died yesterday afternoon. I am sad and heartbroken. We were very close. When I was home for Christmas, I had plans to drive to Idaho and see her, but could not because the roads were closed due to snow. So I rebooked the ticket for June 5. And now she's gone. I don't know what to do with a lot of my feelings right now. I originally posted this for today - my 32nd birthday. But now it seems to have a much different meaning.
i thank you God for this most amazing...
by e.e. cummings
i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes
(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)
how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any--lifted from the no
of all nothing--human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?
(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)
7 comments:
Hey - Happy Birthday!! I'm so glad you're happy again.
Thanks, Susan.
Sorry I changed the post on you.
Oh Carren,
I do know how you feel. I know that your grandmother was special and important to you. I remember driving to Idaho when we were in college and how truly lovely she was.
So sorry for your loss my friend. I know it feels to lose grandparents, all mine are gone. Love ya!!!!!
Hi Carren, so sorry to hear of your loss. It's so sad losing grandparents. I lost my Grandma last year on my birthday. We also were very close. I hope you'll be able to find some peace.
Carren, I'm so sorry about your grandmother. I'll be thinking of you and your family in the coming days and weeks.
Carren I hope the funeral was a time to reflet on her glorious life. She'll be taken care of now in a whole new way. Love you.
Post a Comment