Apr 13, 2008

Sunday Confession 17

I sure have fallen behind the past few weeks on my blogging. This past week I was rarely online, let alone posting, so I apologize. I hope to get my life settled again shortly and return you all to our regularly scheduled ranting.

A lot of great things have happened to me lately and I have been amazed at how blessed I really am. So I have been focusing on gratitude lately. However, as I have been reviewing this week's lists of things I am grateful for, I can see (and now you can, too) just how shallow I really am:

  1. Movie theater stadium seating.
  2. Purified water filters and their flavor options.
  3. That I am too Republican to wear turquoise jewelry.
  4. While still not that great, I have better social maneuvering skills than an unnamed roommate.
  5. I have a hobby that is not fishing.

Not surprisingly, I am still unapologetic about my shallowness.

6 comments:

Maursupial said...

I guess I never thought of turquois jewelry having a political affiliation. . .

Julie said...

Yeah i am commenting! Love the blog and the scrapbook slideshow You are so freakin talented it almost makes me sick inside!

Anonymous said...

I never knew that turquois jewelry was only for the left side, but I know that many people who lean to the right wear pearls. Are you refering to that hideous necklace that Nancy Pelosi wears?

Mycket said...

Maurs and Anon-
EVERYTHING has a political affiliation. :) WHICH hideous necklace of Dictator Pelosi do you mean?

Mycket said...

Julie! So glad you commented!! I have been waiting and hoping!

Maursupial said...

Wow, I guess I never realized that my jewelry had such a political voice. I have turquois and pearls! What does that say about me?