I APOLOGIZE about not posting in almost a month. My life has literally been in shambles and anyone that has been lucky enough to talk to me at all has heard ALLLLL about it...over and over again.
So to catch up the rest of you:
- Moving sucks - I hate that I can't find anything. I have not had TV or cable for three weeks. My internet works fine, but my stupid computer hates to be touched and will shut itself down if you do and in that case, it is useless. I still have boxes everywhere and have to install shelves in ALL of the closets and an entire kitchen island before anything can be properly put away. I hope no one is planning on coming to visit this year.
- Turning 31 sucks - A group of us went to dinner at Fuddruckers (hmm, love that Fudds) and then bowling. For those of you that participated in the poll and apparently didn't want me to do anything fun for my birthday besides locking me in a dark room with a stranger: What kind of family/friends are you??
- Starting a new job sucks - I promised not to discuss work related stuff on my blog and I won't other than saying I am currently very unhappy. Except for the 15th and 30th of every month - Paydays.
- Having the flu sucks - no explanation needed.
- Doing all of the above at the same time is a special kind of hell - Yeah.
5 comments:
okay, I read the most recent blog before I read this one. You are that unhappy. I'm sorry.
I keep thinking about you (even though I'm at work!).
This will get better. You don't like change and this is huge! You come from a big family, you've always had multiple roommates and now you're on your own. You're going to be lonely at first. You're used to having a built-in social network (even if you didn't always love it). And now you've got a new job on top of that!
Once you get settled in your apartment and reduce the extraneous chaos in your life, you will be happier.
Sounds like last month wasn't too much fun. Moving and a new job are stressful enough without having to be sick and have computer problems.
You're such a fun person to be around- I'm sure your new co-workers and neighbors will see that side of you soon and you'll make more friends quickly!
The problem is (as if you didn't already know this) that you left a job where people are motivated by a cause and started one where people are motivated by money and prestige. It's hard to not feel like you're trying to make the world a better place, I know. I also know that if anyone can find the silver lining in a load of crap (hows that for mixing your metaphors) it's you. I'm so sorry, I wish I'd been there to eat at Fuddruckers and go bowling with you! (Even though I hate bowling)
Thanks for the shout out! I've been quoted for the first time! I'll have to watch what I say from now on.
Post a Comment