I am not sure how I should start this post, let alone post anything at all. But, I think that it's important for you, as my friends and family, to know what is happening in my life. And, it's important for me to share as I get strength from you and your prayers.
This past weekend, the bottom fell out of my family's world. I can't really discuss what's happening, but we're facing a crisis; the most serious and overwhelming we've ever encountered and my heart is broken. We’ve all been completely devastated.
Everything has turned upside down and I, for one, have been unable to function over the past 2 days. I have no idea what is happening right now, nor just how much this new universe I am facing has been permanently altered. I’ve passed the shock and uncontrollable crying phases. It's only been in the past few hours that I've started to come out of a daze, which sucks because it hurts a lot more to not be in a stupor.
It's amazing how, even at only 30, you can feel so comfortable in your life. You think that things are on the right track and then you get blindsided by the things you never saw coming, the things you never even thought would happen.
I guess in a way, it's always good to take a step back and really have a catalytic push for change in your life. But it's never easy or pretty when that happens out of necessity.
But, I believe in a God who loves His children and who comforts those who need His hand. I also believe in the power of the priesthood and am grateful for the things that I don't have to even question - that Christ is the Savior and that His Atonement has an absolute power of healing, that prayers of all people are heard and love and support heals faster than time. And my family and I would appreciate your help in this area right now.
I just don't have it in me to do a December update this month, so I'll start that next month.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear your family is having troubles. I know how close you are to them. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.
You're in my prayers, too, Carren.
Post a Comment