Nov 10, 2010

Let me es'plain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

I fully recognize I have been MIA for quite some time. Considering EVERYONE I know has given up on regular blogging (with the exception of Dethrow), I don't think any of you have a right to judge. So here I am. It's 5 am. I have been up since 10:30 pm. Yeah, you read that right. I am my father's daughter (and since he is probably up and reading as it is posted - Hi Dad.)

The past two months for me have been crazy insane as evidenced by the fact that it hit me last week I am going on vacation in a couple of days and I am completely unprepared for it. ME! VACATION! UNPREPARED!

Here is the gist of it:
Work - good. Love my boss, love my job. There has been some recent instability in the company and some of our team was let go. I was a little scared for a while, but I am beloved, so for the moment things are good.

Church - good. Even though I LOVE my bishop more than any other bishop I have ever had, I have also started going to an Adult (31-55 - ugh, I hate that) Singles Ward. It's actually kind of refreshing. It's not the meat market that the other singles wards here are, and also not the cutesy young family ward (4 nurseries! FOUR!) that makes me want to throw up a little in my mouth. So I am kind of in a limbo state, but the good news is that I am going, so again, don't judge. DC Mormon culture is SO weird.

Relationships - BLAH. See previous posts.

Little Truckers - Court moved far away, I cried alot. I still haven't forgiven her husband for being in the stupid Navy. HT got married! It was wonderful to be at the wedding. She was so beautiful and Jim is one super fantastic guy. This will be documented shortly. Tristan came down for a visit a few weeks ago. We had a GREAT time. Mostly the whole visit was built around going to see a movie together, which explains a lot about us.

Vacations - I have had a number of these in the past three months, all of which I need to update here. And I will! I leave next week for my big vacation of the year and am not remotely close to even making my packing list. I gotta get on that!

Other - So this is where it gets a little nutso. For the past six years, I have been helping out and teaching at a scrapbooking company. In early September, the owner told me that she can't do it anymore and would I be interested in taking over the buisness? I panicked and said No, because being an entrepuener is something I have long admired, but NEVER wanted to do. But then the more I thought about it, the more I thought I could do it. And then Whamo. I now own my own company, Our Crops Plus. Holy crap.

I have put SO much time and energy into this just in the past two months, that it makes my head spin. From securing the corporation and federal documents, organizing a support team, getting a tax guy (thanks, Seth!), marketing, getting financing (thanks mom and dad!), working with vendors and just client relations. I am already tired and my first real event isn't until January. Which is probably why I fell asleep on the couch at 6:30 pm, woke up at 10:30 pm and haven't been able to sleep since.

So if you know of anyone that likes scrapbooking (especially scrapbooking weekend getaways!) no matter where they live, send them my new website (thanks, Stephanie!) - http://www.ourcropsplus.com/  I could use all the help I can get right now. ;) I truly believe I have a good thing going here. I know I can be successful, I think I just need a nap first.



8 comments:

Julie said...

You Are a rockstar and I am missing our monthly meetups what are you doing Saturday night? Can I come over and help you finish your tree skirt?

Emily N. said...

I LOVE that you have your own business! I'm excited for you. :) And I like that you have a decent older singles ward. I'm in a ward with four nurseries, and although my child will be in one of those nurseries in 3 months (hallelujah!), it still makes me throw up in my mouth a bit to be in this kind of ward...

L said...

You're back! You're back! This post made me laugh for SO many reasons. From the title, to the shout out to your Dad, to proclaiming you need a nap. LOVED it.

Also, just know the world keeps on moving because of people like you. You definitely have the mindset, drive, and capability to grow and develop a successful business. The website looks fantastic and I particularly enjoyed reading the ears, noses, and weather section.

Mycket said...

Don't get me wrong. The people in the ward are AMAZING. They are super shiney happy people. I love several of them. And despite loving my bishop to death, he is stellar, I don't think the ward is for me. It's not often one gets a choice, so I think that I am taking it. Depsite reverting back to being treated like I am a Laurel.
I was wondering if someone would get the Princess Bride reference in the title. Thanks for the support everyone! :) Make sure you share the link!

kimi + joe said...

Congrats on your new business adventure! I've posted your link on my blog. Do you plan on making a 'button' for blogs? If so, I'd like to add it to the blog too. Anything to drum up business.

Mycket said...

Great idea, Kim! Will do!

Mycket said...

L- you would be surprised! I have been doing this for enough years to know you have to be firm with these ladies or they will just go crazy. aome are like 5th graders. complete with the drama.

Hayley's Comment said...

i really really really miss you. i am so glad i am lonely on this friday night while my husband studies into the wee hours of the morning. i needed to feel your laughter, wittiness, and smile again. Thank you Carren's blog.