A half-baked attempt at a relationship culminated in my subconsciously planned full-on assault to sabotage and end it while simultaneously destroying another. Yeah, I have been running all over town trying to hussy it up and I'm leaving a trail of men in my wake. Not a lot, but they are there. I am the Dating Plague. And I watch enough Law and Order to know that I will strike again unless I figure out what my problem is or Christopher Meloni comes to arrest me. Hmmmm....now there's a thought. The real question here is: Do two half-baked attempts add up to only one failure?
In the meantime, I guess it's not all that bad. A few days ago, my nephew proclaimed, without prompting, and to another aunt, that No, she was not his favorite. I AM! Hallelllllllujah, I won! I WON! I have the captured the interest (even if I bought it) of the only cute guy that matters (Thanks for making my whole year, Jax!). So, yeah, I guess I can learn to live with that...Ms. Havisham style.
4 comments:
I'm with you. (Speaking as one Havisham to another.)
When we're old bitter crones we can sit on the porch in yellowing wedding dresses and mutter incoherent rants about the evilness of men together. Sounds fun, eh?
Maurs -
That sounds like an awesome plan! Only it can't be in Vegas. You know how I feel about the heat. (I'm practicing my whining now. :))
I realize that I only e-know you....but is there anyway I can get down on that swing plan?
It's a date.
Post a Comment