Seriously, what the hell is wrong with me? I have successfully managed to sabotage every relationship I have ever had or even start to have. (With the exception of three, which I FULLY blame on the male parties for being crazier than I am. Some of these incidents can probably be read about on this blog if you did a little searching.)
You would think that this particular ailment would diminish as I grow older, but it really has not. In fact, it's comparatively worse because the guys I date are older and are less likely to be forgiving of my ridiculousness. I completely over-think things, second guess myself and undermine all the confidence that I have in everything else I have done and will ever do. When it comes to relationships, I am completely crippled by my Crazy Girl Head.
I would ask for advice, but most of you reading this are female, too. Then again, most of you are also married or engaged. OK, so...help?

8 comments:
Sorry you're feeling down. I was up last night trying to think of THE BEST ADVICE EVER! I woke up with one idea. I'll shoot you an e-mail later today. Hope you're having a better day.
Thanks, girlfriend! That is super sweet of you! Can't wait to hear it!
Expectations always get in the way of relationships. It's never gonna go how you picture or plan it. Never. Don't over analyze it and take it for what it is. If you don't like what it is then leave it. Try and take a step out of the crazy head and look at it from a different perspective. I have too many friends that blame guys for doing things or not doing things the poor guys didn't know he was supposed to do in the first place. I hope that made sense. PS I don't think your crazy.
WHAT? People don't do what I want them to do? And especially when I don't tell them? Ugh. What kind of world is this?
Okay, this is the most generic advice anyone will ever give you, but it is the truest truth there ever was - Just be your same old crazy, neurotic self. Trust me. We ALL love you just the way you are - some day, the guys are going to smarten up and realize that they do, too. If they don't love - or at least accept - every aspect of your personality, they're not the kind of guy you want anyway. So there.
Man, as soon as I saw this post, I came to the comments to see what brillant advice you'd get -- cause I got none. I tend to go with Susan: be your same ol' crazy self. I was at the height of crazy when I met Danny. I even told him after our first date I had a lovely time but to please never call me again. Five years later, so far so good!
Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate the encouraging words. I hope that some day, I can meet someone that can look past the crazy. Maybe even embrace it. In the mean time, I will keep holding on to the fact that I have great friends. Some days, that's the only thing keeping me together!
one piece of advice to my besty-don't play the game.
Post a Comment